Last night while restring my Deluxe Player, I took the pickups out and flipped them backwards, Hendrix-esque style, and when I plugged it in today to test it out, I noticed something off. Either the bridge or middle pickup had disengaged itself. Now only two responded, running through all seven positions. Pretty sure it' the bridge that conked out, seeing as how tone 2 works.

Before I crack it open and start testing wires, anyone else have an issue like this before?
Once fixed a toilet with an old trombone...
Question is probably moot. Spinning the pickup most likely placed extra strain on the cable. Possible it has broken off at the solder joint or broken internally in the cable or caused a crossover short.

Either way, you're opening up the guitar.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
For what it's worth, all position sound, but 1, 2, and 3 are identical
Quote by ndrummerc
For what it's worth, all position sound, but 1, 2, and 3 are identical

Get an iron nail, or some other magnetic bit of metal and tap the pickup poles of each pickup using the selector switch for each to select only the pickup being tapped.

You should hear a clear thump from the amp for each pup. If not, there's a break somewhere.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Last edited by Phoenix V at Oct 11, 2014,
Dunno why I didn't think of that. Bridge and middle are both on in 1,2 3. Not what I wanted out of tonight.