I'm in the market for a Mogami Gold cable, I looked on ebay and saw some for 30ish $USD, but not sure the quality. Has anybody ordered one of these? Are they different from the original? It looks like places buy bulk cable and use Neutrik 1/4 plugs, do those have gold in them like the original Mogamis? thanks!
Love mine, pretty sure they are in the top 5 brands for cables. Expensive though, I wouldn't bother with the patch cables. Yes gold is included in the manufacturing process as well.
www.redco.com is where I buy good cables and they are really cheap. It is all custom with your choice of wire and connectors
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks for the link Robb, do you guys think a mogami 2524 cable with neutrik TS black and gold connectors would be good? I've never had a custom cable made before.
Quote by indisguise
Thanks for the link Robb, do you guys think a mogami 2524 cable with neutrik TS black and gold connectors would be good? I've never had a custom cable made before.

I would either get the thicker Mogami (I forget the series #) or the thicker Canare wire with the gold plugs. IMO the Canare and Mogami wire are of equal quality
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I make my own with Canare cable and Neutrik ends. Buy bulk. Cheaper.

If you don't do the patch cables, you might as well not bother, however.