I've been playing six strings for about 4 years now and want to get a seven string?

Any recommendations?
I was thinking of a Schecter Blackjack SLS C-7
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Quote by Tulkas

Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
How much you willing to spend?
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Obligatory Agile recommendation.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
i don't own any sevens, and i wont buy another. but i was in GC probably two months ago and played the Ibanez Iron Label and was imprepssed. there was also another jackson around the same price, but it did't really have as good of a feel and the ibanez had more attention to detail.

either would be fine, but i would take the iron label in that price bracket.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Depending on how much you are willing to spend the Ibby RG7321 is a solid 1st guitar for a 7 string. Great modding platform as well. I recently bought my Prestige 7 string for $499 of GC used. It already had Dimarzios in it. Amazing guitar for the price, then again we need your price range to suggest 7 stringers.
FWIW I never really liked Schecter necks.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
For a seven string. Id only look into an Ibanez but that's just because I really like their necks.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
I've played quite a few of the new Ibanez RG7421s and they are really good for the price. Pickups will need to be swapped, but that's par for the course for Ibanez.

The PRS SE Custom 24 is also really good, I like it slightly better than the Ibanez. But it has a shorter scale, you have to know what you're doing and know if you're okay with that or not. Generally most people tend to go for longer and baritone scales for 7s.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Also don't forget to look at the older RG7620/7621. Depending on whether you want a trem or not, they are essentially Ibanez prestige guitars without the prestige name on the headstock.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i don't own any sevens, and i wont buy another. but i was in GC probably two months ago and played the Ibanez Iron Label and was imprepssed. there was also another jackson around the same price, but it did't really have as good of a feel and the ibanez had more attention to detail.

either would be fine, but i would take the iron label in that price bracket.

This. I was looking for my first 7 string. I went to GC and played the Iron Label 7. Loved it. Went on ebay and found one for a decent price and just bought it. Very nice guitar. But it is shockingly lightweight. If you prefer heavy guitar like some people do, you probably wouldnt want it. Other than that though, its great.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69