I stupidly bought a guitar with a Floyd Rose as I'd never had one before and wanted to try one out. Lots of people have use for them but I realised I don't, and now I'm sick of the hassle involved with changing its tuning. I've googled already for solutions but couldn't find what I'm looking for

Is there any way I can alter the bridge so i can easily change between tunings like you can on a regular bridge? Im aware of blocking the trem to stop things like going out of tune on multiple-string bends or when a string snaps, but would this allow me to tune a particular string without it knocking the rest out? Any ideas?
When you say tunings do you mean the whole set (4ths/open tuning etc) or just single strings? If you mean the former you can just unlock the nut and use the tunings pegs as usual. Stability in the fine tuners is another matter though.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Block it then. If you are planning to change tunings, never get a FR. If you get a good FR, know how to keep it set up properly and never change tunings, they are the best bridge out there IMO.
Quote by N_J_B_B
When you say tunings do you mean the whole set (4ths/open tuning etc) or just single strings? If you mean the former you can just unlock the nut and use the tunings pegs as usual. Stability in the fine tuners is another matter though.

I meant for instance switching from E standard to D standard. Even going to drop D is a pain cos you cant just drop the E string, it makes all the others go sharp and you need to play the game of going back and forth fine tuning each string. Maybe this isn't normal for Floyds? Right now the smallest turn on the fine tuners affects all the others. Perhaps it needs a setup by someone well used to Floyds

The Digitech pedal isnt what I'm looking for but it is a neat idea. I just wish I bought the model with a tune o matic bridge
That's the way they are, every tune moves the others. Once you get it right, with the right spring tension, evenly tense, tuned perfect, level and then never touch it other than a few cents it might go out. Mine stays pretty much in perfect tune until I change strings again, even with heavy abuse.
Thanks a lot for the answers dudes. I think my FR knows im complaining about it, because my only allen key has disappeared into f***ing nowhere. Like it no longer exists apparently.

The Tremol-No looks perfect, wow thanks for that!
Another option is to just block it in one direction (so that you can't pull up on the bar) and get a D-Tuna: http://www.dtuna.com.

Then it's even easier to go to drop D than if you had a fixed bridge.

The tremol-no has a lot of issues (or at least I've read a lot of complaints about it). It's also harder to install and more expensive than a block or two of wood.

The only issue with blocking the trem is it reduces the capability of the guitar. Some would say it's kind of like someone amputating his foot because he stubbed his toe. But at least if you don't glue it in you can always pull the block(s) out--you can't get a new foot

Also you can get new wrenches here: http://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tools/Types_of_Tools/Wrenches/Allen_Wrench_for_Floyd_Rose.html
this is the reason we guitarist need many many guitars ... that way you can tune them all to what ever tuning you want and the just leave them be.

I gave up on floyds 18yrs ago because I hated tuning them, changing strings etc .... but now I am back using them and just love them.....now that I have figured out how to set them up right
You can just shove a piece of wood thats of reasonably the same size as the cavity, and there you go. Blocked, and you can do anything you want now. The guitarist in my band has it set like that and we change tunings without any problems.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.