Hi everyone. This is my first post, been lurking for a while though...

Ok so basically I need a guitar with EMG pickup for what is presently a home recording project, but could eventually lead to something more serious (maybe). Which is why I don't wanna invest too much for now. I already have an american Strat and an Ibanez 7 string RG prestige, and I like them very much, but I don't want to change the pickups on any of them. And, since I'll buy a new guitar, I've decided that I'd try another design, so no strat or similar shape for now. And no floating bridge, I want something simple since I'll be de-tuning this guitar quite often.

I've did some research and came to the conclusion that the ESP EX series are probably the best option for me, since they come with EMG pickups and look quite cool (in my opinion). But are they of sufficient quality to actually gig with? Is there other guitar in that price range that are actually better and would meet my requirements?
Is there some reason it has to be EMGs? I can't think of any reason a project would necessitate something so specific.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Well, effectively, it doesn't have to be EMG, but i'd like to have a guitar with active pickup.
a budget would help

but let me give you my opinion if i was looking for a guitar

wasburn pxl100

dbz Renegade EM which is on my list

please ignore my username
Last edited by nirvana_n_roses at Oct 12, 2014,
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
a budget would help

Let's say around 500$, used or new.

The washburn looks quite interesting...

Also, the DBZ looks awesome, never heard of that brand before!
Last edited by MajorLeo at Oct 12, 2014,
Quote by MajorLeo
Let's say around 500$, used or new.

The washburn looks quite interesting...

Also, the DBZ looks awesome, never heard of that brand before!

the washburn is from the parallaxe series (single cut & super strat shape)

the prices go from 499$ to 900$ and some thing

the dbz starts from 699$
please ignore my username
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I bought a guitar yesterday just like you describe. It was $450 off, at $250 yesterday at Musicians Friend. They are sold out right now, but you might want to keep an eye on it.

Charvel Skatecaster FR. They have some with no trem still.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Do you have a specific body style in mind, any particular features (aside from EMG's and a fixed bridge)?

I ask that because there are hundreds of guitars that have those features, so you can afford to be specific.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Do you have a specific body style in mind, any particular features (aside from EMG's and a fixed bridge)?

I ask that because there are hundreds of guitars that have those features, so you can afford to be specific.

Well not really, aside from the fact that I want to buy a different body style...I'm mostly searching for something stable and reliable. There's been some great suggestion so far (thanks everyone), I'm just not decided yet.
Schecters are really nice, and some of them come equipped with EMGs (like the hellraiser version of c1+) as well as a string-thru tune-o-matic bridge. I'd really love to grab one of them at some point.