You got your eyes on some new projects but they already have the drums laid out with ez drummer. Do you try to beat the machine? This ever happen to any of you guys? From a guitar players perspective I get it. You write a song and you already have an idea of how the drums should sound. Being somebody who plays guitar as well I can understand that. Then from a drummers perspective it sounds so good that it almost ruins the song. It is too perfect and there isn't really any inspiration to be gathered from it. This is the battle between man and ez drummer. Nobody said it was easy but ez drummer makes it sound e z.
Hey ****, I used to play guitar and now I'm a drummer, soo....and I still enjoy some synthesized drums...each has there place, but the two put perfectely together own your asshole. so suck a butt with aids yeeah.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Well...

I guess that... eh..

Maybe if you...

Have you... Should I...

What?

EDIT: So basically, someone wrote a drum track, but you want to write it?
Rylan I got greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss"

and you've never met
anybody
like me
befooooooore
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Hey ****, I used to play guitar and now I'm a drummer, soo....and I still enjoy some synthesized drums...each has there place, but the two put perfectely together own your asshole. so suck a butt with aids yeeah.

Oh ok my bad man you know things just got real if snipelfritz approves. Maybe Carl Leoni will give me aids in my sleep. Seriously I knew when I posted in the pit I would get some hate because that is expected here but I am still going to back up my point anyways.

Vinnie Paul, Dave Lombardo, Nick Menza, Nicko Mcbrain. What did those guys all use in the 80s and 90s to record their drums? Do you ever write songs? The point pretty much was that inspiration is lacking when everything is programmed and a song doesn't flow without the creativity of a drummer. That is something organic that you can never pre program.
If you want real-sounding drums and have the option to use a real, human drummer, use the real human drummer.

Otherwise, robots will take over the world and we'll all be the slaves of computer-based drum programs.
I have nothing important to say
How is writing drum tracks on a computer inferior to writing them any other way? You can come up tiwh any kind of pattern and style you want. Why would my song be uninspired and lacking in creativity, because i choose to write drums myself? Am i not a human musician who writes the parts he wants to hear? Its still "organicly" made, you ****face, and just because you lack the creativity to write anything interesting, doesnt mean we all do.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Man always beats ez drummer, because ez drummer can't take a hammer to man.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
EZ Drummer
He'll get a hold on you believe it.
Like no other
Before you know it you'll be on your knees
He's an EZ Drummer
He'll take your heart but you won't feel it
He's like no other
And I'm just trying to make you seeeeeeee
I am mostly a drummer, and every other musician I've worked with disregarded drum machines and such muuuch more than I did.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Live tracking the whole band will always be the best way to record a great record. Hard to do that with a sound replacement program.

Also, spambot, I think you left a word out of that sentence. Unless you accidentally the whole thing purposefully.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Man always beats ez drummer, because ez drummer can't take a hammer to man.

Yet..
He is talking about quantized drums vs live playing I think. I actually don't mind quantized drums most of the time, but if or when I do, I just turn snapping off, and program by ear.