Page 1 of 2
What have you thought about today that has been completely random and out of the blue

for some reason the hey macarena is going around in my head at the moment
I was imagining how my colleagues would react if I went: 'Mailserver's offline again.' and then stood up and threw my computer out the window.

And the mailserver hasn't even gone offline today.
I thought about starting to drink coffee today.
So I made a cup and drank it, it was meh.
I guess it's an acquired taste.
It wasn't really random, because someone did exactly this which led to the thought: Why show up to class an hour late? It's only half an hour left. Earlier, someone was asleep in class and I wondered why that person bothers coming to class if he sleeps through them all.
Last edited by chrismendiola at Oct 13, 2014,
Quote by chrismendiola
It wasn't really random, because someone did exactly this which led to the thought: Why show up to class an hour late? It's only half an hour late. Earlier, someone was asleep in class and I wondered why that person bothers coming to class if he sleeps through them all.

I ponder these things every single sodding course I have. There's a bunch of people in each course that have no intention of paying attention and just sit there for fun.

On topic: How do some people manage to be late for absolutely everything and not get the shit kicked out of them?
Whilst in the shower earlier I randomly remembered the time in my first year of uni that I came home drunk from a club and for some reason decided it would be "cool" to throw our old tv out of my attic bedroom window into the front yard. It was the first time I properly cringed at something I've done for ages
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
airports should put waaaay more outlets around (charging stations or whatever they call them). There's like eight outlets for four rows of eight seats each, so one in eight people can use a charger. come on straigthen out you know
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by RetroGunslinger
It was the first time I properly cringed at something I've done for ages

I feel ya. I hate it when my mind wanders to the memories of all the really cringey things I've done.
'That boring UG user sucks'
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by beer bear
I ponder these things every single sodding course I have. There's a bunch of people in each course that have no intention of paying attention and just sit there for fun.

On topic: How do some people manage to be late for absolutely everything and not get the shit kicked out of them?

Everyone knows I have ADD so they just ignore it.
I was in my english class, and I really hate this one guy because he's so pushy and dictator like, so I imagined him and me, just randomly fighting, and it somehow turned into a dragon ball z type fight and I used a kamehameha on him.
I can't stop thinking about the dream last night of a cat drumming to Guerilla Radio. It was freaky but adorable at the same time.
Quote by AwesomeOne3
I was in my english class, and I really hate this one guy because he's so pushy and dictator like, so I imagined him and me, just randomly fighting, and it somehow turned into a dragon ball z type fight and I used a kamehameha on him.

I had a dream like this once, it ended up with me at the point of mostly asleep and awake enough to move during dreams and I almost full force punched the wall next to my bed
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I thought "**** work" and called in as I have for the third time in a week in a half.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
The other day I was in the shower and I was thinking about what would happen if you ran a human on pure oxygen like you can run an engine on higher octane fuel and it performs better, would the human perform better?
Quote by So-Cal
The other day I was in the shower and I was thinking about what would happen if you ran a human on pure oxygen like you can run an engine on higher octane fuel and it performs better, would the human perform better?

You ever been to an oxygen bar?

You just get a little lightheaded is all.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Pastafarian96
I had a dream like this once, it ended up with me at the point of mostly asleep and awake enough to move during dreams and I almost full force punched the wall next to my bed

Haha, that is awesome
I thought about what would happen if I just pushed past everyone to get on the train instead of waiting for the next one but I did not do this because I am a polite commuter
cat
"what if i just started jacking off rn"

"nah they like me here at this dennys"
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Chairs would probably look the same, but you couldn't properly sit down on them anymore. You'd just have to fall back and land on the chair and then your feet would stick up into the air.

Or would your upper legs also be able to bend backwards in this scenario?
The idea that restaurants want you to fill up on bread doesn't make any sense.

It doesn't matter if you're full or not when it gets there, if you buy an entree, you pay for an entree. They're making the same amount of money. They don't care if you fill up on bread. Hell, they'd prefer you don't, because A. bread is usually provided on the house when you order a meal, so if you fill up on bread they're giving you more food for the same price, and B. if you fill up on bread, you won't order dessert, which means they make less money.

If anything, the smart thing to do is to fill up on bread, because then you're getting more food for your dollar, and you're getting leftovers you can eat at home.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by So-Cal

No. A human in a pure oxygen environment would die. Maybe not as ugly as they'd die from ebola, or like a lump hammer to the face, but they sure as hell wouldn't enjoy it.
I think they give pure oxygen to astronauts though because of pressure and stuff.

Are you telling me I can't do what an astronaut can?!

EDIT: At least they used to, I'm not up to speed with all the latest developments. I find it's best to leave all this new hippity space craft science mumbo jumbo to the kids.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Oct 14, 2014,
Quote by ultimate-slash
I think they give pure oxygen to astronauts though because of pressure and stuff.

Are you telling me I can't do what an astronaut can?!

EDIT: At least they used to, I'm not up to speed with all the latest developments. I find it's best to leave all this new hippity space craft science mumbo jumbo to the kids.

They don;t even give you pure oxygen if you're on a ventilator. If there were no other gasses(or at least, nothing other than trace gasses) in the atmosphere you breathe, then you're going to find that the gasses that are normally dissolved in your blood(nitrogen, carbon dioxide etc) will diffuse out when blood passes through the lungs, which will change the pH of your blood; which in turn will cause some proteins to become less soluble, or change shape slightly, preventing them from working properly.
Plus, in pure oxygen, even a slight static spark would be enough to set you on fire.
Like the fire triangle in that instance would consist of the spark(ignition), the oxygen in the atmosphere(the oxidizer) and you(the fuel).
That last one has happened to people who have decided to spark up in hospital while getting oxygen. it's pretty ****ing nasty
Ah, found some info. It's just on spacewalks that your suit is filled with pure oxygen. The pressure in such a suit is also much lower than on earth.

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/shuttle/reference/faq/eva.html

But yes, what you said is a pretty good argument for not breathing pure oxygen when you're not an astronaut in an EMU in outer space. Don't do it kids.
****'s sake science all I wanted was to be able to outlive and outperform all other people in existence.
I advise just experimenting with a lot of different drugs. You won't actually outperform anybody, but at least you'll be able to convince yourself that you're literally the best person ever.
Quote by ultimate-slash
Ah, found some info. It's just on spacewalks that your suit is filled with pure oxygen. The pressure in such a suit is also much lower than on earth.

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/shuttle/reference/faq/eva.html

But yes, what you said is a pretty good argument for not breathing pure oxygen when you're not an astronaut in an EMU in outer space. Don't do it kids.

Yea, the pressure and length of exposure would have an impact on how things pan out.

Plus, I think if you tried to get a spacesuit to 1 atmosphere in space, you'd find doing anything quite difficult, because it would be like a sort of person shaped balloon.

Quote by So-Cal
****'s sake science all I wanted was to be able to outlive and outperform all other people in existence.

So, get your mad scientist on and figure something out for yourself.
If for example you want to outrun everyone, you could always just shoot everyone in the knees. There's a solution like that for everything.
I've had a lot of random thoughts lately on teleporting. Not any of that x-men shit where you leave a trail of smoke behind, but an instant teleport. And being able to do it so quick that in a sense you could "blink" in another area to scope it out before you decided to stay there.
Click here

Quote by ultimate-slash
If for example you want to outrun everyone, you could always just shoot everyone in the knees. There's a solution like that for everything.

The best way to outrun everyone is to get a Toyota Hilux, install a treadmill and a support frame in the back, and get someone to drive really fast while you run on the treadmill.

Then you'll be running, and going faster than everyone.
I like your idea up until the part where I actually have to run.
It's enough for me to just know that I could outrun everybody, solely for the fact that no one else is physically capable of running.

Actually, now that I think of it, if you just annihilate everybody in the world, you'd be best at everything. Plus you could have all the Toyota Hilux's you want.
Quote by ultimate-slash
I like your idea up until the part where I actually have to run.
It's enough for me to just know that I could outrun everybody, solely for the fact that no one else is physically capable of running.

Actually, now that I think of it, if you just annihilate everybody in the world, you'd be best at everything. Plus you could have all the Toyota Hilux's you want.

And, as Top Gear proved, however you eliminate the rest of the population, the Toyotas would still run.

On another note, if all other humans were dead, I'd never have sex again. Not that I'm getting any now, but it's still technically possible.
Page 1 of 2