Does guitar help you relieve stress, anger, boredom? or its just something you do but no for reason to relax?
It feels good I guess. I love to play it. Its relaxing.

But doesn't feel as good as opium. Idk, just my honest opinion.

Combining the two...well now that's perfection haha.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
It gives me an outlet to express my creative side,Just as some people draw or paint,I play.
For me, it helps when I sing while playing. The Marilyn Mansonish screaming that I do combined with the thrash metal I play and write is a good anger and stress release. There have been times where I was rather upset and I would just pick up the guitar, just full volume scream a song, and feel so much better afterwards.

It also gives me a creative release. It lets me tell a story in a way that couldn't be told as easily in another way.
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson
For me, music is the drug. I am heavily addicted. Guitar is just one way to manifest music. I like acoustic guitar. I like the sound of it, the timbre. I like how the inversions sound. I like how it is just an object, just a hollow box with a piece of wood sticking out, and strings strapped on top. I like how you can control vibrato, and do slides. How you can use a number of techniques like fingertapping, or rapping on the body to produce a rhythm. I like how basically every key is the same, and how it is endless, how there is always more to learn.

But my addiction is music. If i'm not holding a guitar, it will be a beat in my mind, or a tune, or it will be a whistle, or some beatbox. If i am holding a bass, it will be a bassline, or a melody if I am sitting at a piano, or it might be a beat I tap out on my desk, or on the fridge door while I look for something to eat.

Guitar is just another way for the music to come out, but it is one of my favourite ways.
Last edited by fingrpikingood at Oct 13, 2014,
Sometimes I get goosebumps when I play, so yeah. Also I need a fix after too long, so yeah again. Lucky it costs practically nothing once you have the gear.
Sort of. If I'm really pissed off, I can't but If I'm nervous or sad for some reason, playing on the guitar (or piano or anything else) generally calms me, usually Lou Reed songs.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Yeah I enjoy playing guitar its fun and I like moveing my fingers I know it sound crazy but its true
Drugs are drugs to me. But guitar is like eating candy without the calories so I love to do it.
Absolutely it is. It relaxes me, relieves boredom and gives me satisfaction that I'm learning to play an instrument.
Lysergic acid+playing a prog rock show in front of a massive audience of others=the greatest dopamine release i've found thus far
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
There are those rare moments when everything comes together musically while I am playing. Occasionally it happens just noodling when I get a kind of transcendental meditation type moment where I just float off somewhere mentally for a few seconds. It's the ultimate musical high for me. When it happens live playing with a band, it's better than any drug I have ever taken and since I am the product of the 60's and a misspent youth I feel qualified to make that comparison. I believe it's those moments that keep me playing as I stumble into later life. I’m sure a lot of you have experienced this during your playing and you know what I mean even though it’s difficult to put into words. It keeps us going unlike those who for whatever reason never have that personal musical experience.
Yes, guitar is a drug. I need to play to be happy, I need to practice, learn new things, new licks, etc.

Plus i'm really more confident in myself after playing guitar for 2 hours =)
music and guitar are definitely drugs for me

I've got tinnitus that sometimes gets really debilitating. playing guitar is the only thing that makes me completely forget its there
Oh so this is what a signature is
Last edited by zatara92 at Oct 16, 2014,
I go hypo its Like being in another world of thinking, but i notied i some times feel tired when i stop playing after an hour .
Yes I would say it is or just the love for music in general.

At least the last 20 odd years have been and I still got my guitars and other gear + big drum kit so I am stuck with it but at least it is a sensible habit I am forever into.

However now I can be objective and put music on the top priority. What else do I want to achieve besides music?
That's part of the reason guitar is so amazing. It's a way to relieve any sort of emotion, but it's also a fun hobby. I don't think I'd go a week without the aid of a guitar to be honest.