The UK parliament votes to recognise the state of Palestine.

It may only be symbolic but it makes me extremely proud.

even though we started this whole mess in the first place
"Oy mate lets get our barbies and put em in the middle of nowhere in the middle east!"

"Brilliant idea old chap, I'll get me wellies!"
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
If I were born in a region and was told that 150 years ago some people took some land from us that now belongs to them, I don't know if I could bring myself to be mad at now-living people who had nothing to do with the requisitioning of that land.

The whole thing is silly to me. People are mad at one another simply because their Dads told them to be. Of course, the 'government' of the State of Palestine was set up in 1988, so it's fresh in people's feelings yet, but the problem as a whole stems from much further back.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I wrote an essay on it for my A level history which I have sadly lost but it was all the British governments fault in my opinion. I mean...Jews were moving to the "Holy Land" and setting up settlements and stuff but that's farm, it's only after we felt so bad for the Jews of the world after WW2 that we basically were like "Yeah this is Israel now officially, land of the Jews yo" then all the wars and shit started.

Plus obvious economic motives for us setting up Israel due to Suez canal, natural resources in the Middle East.
The Balfour Declaration and the British Mandate of Palestine were pretty ****ed up, yeah. It's been a while since I had Middle East History in college. I'll have to read back up on everything.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
You couldn't set them up in a place nobody wanted, like Indiana or something.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
You couldn't set them up in a place nobody wanted, like Indiana or something.

Didnt someone have an idea to put us somewhere in Nevada or something?
If only they had done this about 100 years ago....
I have nothing important to say
If I was living in Nevada I think I could get a lot of gear a lot cheaper.
Quote by JustRooster
If I were born in a region and was told that 150 years ago some people took some land from us that now belongs to them, I don't know if I could bring myself to be mad at now-living people who had nothing to do with the requisitioning of that land.

The whole thing is silly to me. People are mad at one another simply because their Dads told them to be. Of course, the 'government' of the State of Palestine was set up in 1988, so it's fresh in people's feelings yet, but the problem as a whole stems from much further back.

It probably has more to do with the bombs those people who took their land are sending their way. The fact that they took it is more like the cherry on top.

Also this is practically meaningless and there's still a huge amount Palestinian families homeless after bombs hit their homes, whether the UK recognized their stupid state or not.

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Oct 13, 2014,
this land is yr land
this land is my land

it said "no trespassing"
but on the other side it didn't say nothing
that side was made for you and me
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
this land is yr land
this land is my land

it said "no trespassing"
but on the other side it didn't say nothing
that side was made for you and me

This is exactly how I remember it
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Wait, theyre only first now recognizing it?
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
the only thing i have to say is that most of you people have no idea about the situation and the circumstances of a Palestinian state. it`ll probably be bad for both sides
i wish both sides could live in perfect harmony (and I`m saying this as somebody who served the Israeli army)
heck.. hundreds of Palestinians jump over the fence to work and live in israel because terrorism makes they're lives shit.
It'll be bad for both sides in that if ever an Islamist faction gets the thought to bomb Israeli territories (causing innocent Israelis to suffer) then lots more innocent Palestinians will suffer for it in an IDF response. However, lots of innocent Palestinians are already suffering under Israeli rule anyway. Autonomy isn't perfect, but factions like Hamas rose to power for (lots of reasons including this one big) reason: the occupation. The less repression there is the less legitimacy groups like that will likely have.
Even free, Palestine is too expensive.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by captainsnazz

m8

What a melt.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
The UK parliament votes to recognise the state of Palestine.

It may only be symbolic but it makes me extremely proud.

even though we started this whole mess in the first place

Personally, I blame the Germans. There'd have been nothing like the mammoth demand for a Jewish state if the krauts hadn't had that whole attempted genocide thing, and we could have just given Palestine back to the people who lived there.

Plus, we'd have probably not had to put up with the Irgun and the Stern gang and that lot.
If my great-uncle had been conscripted like 6 months earlier, he'd have been caught up in that shit, but the pullout happened while he was in transit, so he got dumped on Malta for 3 weeks, before heading to Libya
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'