Just looking for some input on this beat I made the other day. How's the mix and how well does it flow? Not enough variance in anything? Y'know, the normal stuff.

Thanks again, guys!

The War Within
Quote by mangablade
If star wars had a Heavy Metal band (no not "Vader" lol), then you would be it. You sound like a anrgy mother****ing Yoda.

I sound like an angry Yoda...is that a good thing...or a bad thing? lol
Hi mate. Thanks for the crit and advice. Much appreciated.

This is great! Enough variation to keep it interesting throughout. I thought the scratching was a little off putting but can see the sense in having it there to break the track up a little. I am very new to producing so probably not much of value I can add on that front but sounded good to me. Honestly not much constructive criticism I can give and nice to hear something different on UG- keep up the good work!
I'm very into hip-hop, and was surprised to see this on UG! However, I am more inclined towards alternative hip-hop, generally lo-fi stuff with organic sounding or sampled beats. This to me it has a very hi-fi, synthetic, but epic kind of sound, the sort of beat I could see a lot of more mainstream/commerical rappers using.

On my first listen I found it a little underwhelming - the mix is very nicely balanced, the synth sounds (especially the pizz strings) and choice of drum samples are great - but I think it's all a little too soft, lacking some punchiness and low end. However, the last section (that you drop into very nicely with the record scratches) picked up the whole arrangement for me. And also upon listening through the track again I genuinely enjoyed it much more knowing that was coming, and noticed a lot more depth to the arrangement in general.

Hope some of my thoughts are helpful, thanks for the crit on my bands track
The beat is really good and the effects are all top notch quality. The midi-piano sounds are good, love the low risers and turntable type effects. Could EASILY imagine someone rapping over this. The sound effects at ~2:30 are pretty sweet to. Do yourself a favor and find a rapper

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1658997
I like this, real quality sound.
It's got the variation I would want from a rap track cos a lot I find too monotonous.
Yeah, get a rapper on it. I know a guy, he rapped on one of my album tracks, if you're stuck.

C4C? - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1658425
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Thanks for the crits, guys!

ab ovo, I'm a huge fan of keeping my beats on the softer side and breaking out the harder stuff right at the end. Get your message out during the first two verses and "tell us how you REALLY feel" in the third verse/outro.

I don't know if I know anyone that can rap anymore. Before I moved out of Florida I knew a lot of people music-wise, here in Colorado, not so much. I'd really love to see what someone could do with this, though!
Quote by mangablade
If star wars had a Heavy Metal band (no not "Vader" lol), then you would be it. You sound like a anrgy mother****ing Yoda.

I sound like an angry Yoda...is that a good thing...or a bad thing? lol
Hi Bleak

The arrangement and overall composition was really well thought out, there were rhythmic changes and introduction of new parts which kept it interesting particularly the string part around 0.44. The change around 1:52 was well done but I think you could have brought that part in 2 bars earlier, that's minor though and it didn't effect the flow.

Mix wise, everything was well balanced and clear. Nothin seemed to be conflicting for room. The kick drum suited the style of the song but keeping abit more of the low end and trying some slight compression to the kick would give it a bit more of a punch.

Great track overall and well produced.

C4C - Please can you check out my latest track Broken Eden over at https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1659591 ?

Thanks, M