I've always been told the bridge should be level, (and told this to others) this is for Ibanez Edge, and according to this guy is in the manual to set it at 15degrees....same for the edge pro etc?
Attachments:
Screen shot 2014-10-13 at 8.55.58 PM.jpg
Last edited by Tempoe at Oct 13, 2014,
That's because the Edge's baseplate is shaped more like a wedge and not flat like a typical FR. So when it's setup properly it looks like it's at an angle. There is a marker on the side of the baseplate on the low E side that you use to help adjust the angle of the Edge's properly. So basically the bridge is actually flat/level and not at an angle at all, it just appears that way.
I'm not to big on Ibanez guitars and their trems (just not a fan of them), I'm an FR man. But I do know how to set them up. Some of them look like they are at an angle when setup properly and others look/are level when setup properly. There should be a line/notch on the side of the baseplate that you want to use to set the angle properly for whatever Edge you have. You want that line/notch to be straight and level. IIRC the one you have should actually look level when setup properly, so you may be good. I would check the notch on the baseplate to just be sure though.

Here is a pic to show you the line/notch I'm talking about.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Oct 13, 2014,
Thanks, I don't see a line, I'd have to raise the post to see it maybe. I think the line just shows the position angle of the knife edge

Anyways when I look close I can see the knife edges are at 90 degrees to the post when it looks level, that's all that matters, so even though it seems to have a bit of a wedge shape, it actually should look level from what I can tell, and it always plays good/stays in tune this way

Still wondering why the block isn't straight though, don't make sense, I thought it would be straight, but apparently not
That's not an Edge Pro. If it's on an RG1570, you probably actually have an RG1570Z, or an early transitionary model, meaning that that is an Edge Zero.

Does it have ZPS? If so, you're in luck. Completely leagues ahead of the traditional FR design, you don't need to **** around with a trem claw.

Anyway, here's the manual. http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/manual/english/2.pdf
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thanks, yeah that's the one I have then, Edge Zero, confusing names because they mean nothing (although looking at the manual I guess Zero means something when it's explained). I forgot about that ZPS, I took off the ZPS years ago, I prefer it floating, the ZPS is kinda like a tremolono or whatever, feels weird, makes it a lot less responsive and less subtle to me. Thanks though for the manual! I had it set up right...and I guess I have a 1570z then!

That pic in my OP had me wondering when I saw it was an Edge at that angle, different Edge same sort of name

Also noticed in the manual that I have the wrong arm bought guitar used, it's supposed to snap on and have a ball end, mine has never felt right, I had to modify, i'm used to it now though. Also don't have the stud lock bolts
Attachments:
Screen shot 2014-10-13 at 10.56.33 PM.jpg
I think you can just order one for cheap from a local Ibanez seller.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
That's because the Edge's baseplate is shaped more like a wedge and not flat like a typical FR. So when it's setup properly it looks like it's at an angle. There is a marker on the side of the baseplate on the low E side that you use to help adjust the angle of the Edge's properly. So basically the bridge is actually flat/level and not at an angle at all, it just appears that way.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?