Not trying to incite a riot or anything, but what makes Clapton so great? Can anyone give me a good rock n roll song from him where I can hear some Hendrix style playing?
Quote by bboyrocker1
Not trying to incite a riot or anything, but what makes Clapton so great? Can anyone give me a good rock n roll song from him where I can hear some Hendrix style playing?

not to down you..but for Hendrix style..listen to Hendrix..check claptons history..hes been around quite a while now..has done just about every style in his own way..has played with a lot of the top musicians in rock..and has inspired thousands of guitarists..has been in some of the biggest named rock groups and recorded many top selling albums..and he was a good friend of Hendrix and they did not compete with "who is better" .. their styles are just different..Clapton more the purest..Hendrix was an innovator - Clapton knew and acknowledged this (so did every other name guitarist) .. not bad for a poor kid from England

as for a song..my take..listen..really listen to the solo he does on "sunshine of your love" its classic..well constructed and melodic with blues dripping all over it..his opening line is from a standard "blue moon" ..

play well

wolf
Clapton plays Clapton style playing, not Hendrix style playing. I don't think he is the best at anything but I think a lot of his music is fantastic because he truly loves and feels the blues, and it comes through in his playing. He's not the most impressive or emotional or energetic but he always did well and kept the spirit of the music going. the Cream records and Layla are classics.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus