I play in this band letterswv.bandcamp.com

I just bought a G&l asat tribute deluxe, and the pickups are a tad stale. Thought about throwing a JB in the bridge. But unsure how it would sound with the mahogany/maple.

Any thoughts?

P.S. I play through a vox ac30. So midrange is ever present.
What's your budget?
What tone are you aiming for?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
budget is 200 for just the bridge.

I'm aiming for something very warm and aggressive. But I've been having a problem with my guitars clashing with the cymbals so maybe something low middy?
Depending on how you're defining "aggressive", I'd look at:

Seymour Duncan SH-4JB
RailHammer HyperVintage or Chisel (the Anvil is probably too aggressive)
Tesla OPUS or something in their VR series
One of the Lace signature pickups
Rio Grande Crunchbox, Punchbox or Muy Grande
A custom wound from Vintage Vibe
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Good thought on the HB-sized P90. But all of my experiences mixing them with HBs is with the P90 in the neck, not bridge. You think it would work with the HB in the neck?

When you say "midrange is ever-present" with your AC30, does that mean you don't want any more mids? If so, I'd avoid the JB.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Good thought on the HB-sized P90. But all of my experiences mixing them with HBs is with the P90 in the neck, not bridge. You think it would work with the HB in the neck?

Yeah, P90's in the bridge rock. It'd be a pretty radical jump in tone between pups but in a good way. But hey, you know me, the neck pup in one of my guitars is a block of wood.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I put a Suhr Aldrich in the bridge of my ASAT and I'm pleased. I have a guitar with a JB and I don't know if it would be as good in it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate