Hi, I figured this might be better to post this topic on because it's not so much about the pedal as it is a a new guitar technique I want to learn. So I just recently picked up a loop pedal and have loved it. I've played a few songs with it, but I have one problem, I don't know how to just freestyle very well. I know I can take the I, IV, and V chords of a key and play a pentatonic scale over it, but that get's very boring sounding very quickly. I want to mix it up with other chords and rhythm riffs, but just don't know where to begin. Here's a youtube video of somebody using the exact pedal I have and playing more like how I would like to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuAjMs21J04. What are some ways I can learn to play rhythm riffs and lead over it? I'm somewhat comfortable with theory (obviously not too much or I wouldn't be asking this question lol) but ANY help would be amazing! Thanks so much!
The question you're asking has nothing to do with a loop pedal. You just need to practice more and get more creative with your riffing and leads.
Find your root note for each 1,4,5. everywhere you can on
the neck from there work on riffs that will fit what you do.
Use the Looper to great extent it will motivate you to make
the riffs fit.
Here are a few things that I've learned along the way. I hope they spark a few looping ideas for you.

Your looper is your instrument. Record, overdub, play, and stop. That's it, right? Maybe, if you have a simple looper. But high-end loopers can provide a wide array of performance-oriented features such as multiple independent loops, quantization, loop multiply, and MIDI integration.

If you want to take your looping from four-bar bedroom jams to a performance environment, start thinking of your looper as an instrument, not an effect. Creating engaging loop performances can require the same type of effort that you put into learning guitar. Really get to know your looper until using it becomes second nature. You don't want to be onstage trying to remember how to access the undo function!

Create an entire looped song. Building a conventional song structure with a looper can be a challenge, given that your looper will merrily repeat the same thing until the end of time. Here are a few exercises that may help you minimize the repetition:

• Perform a simple song structure, but only use your looper for one song section. For example, perform the verse, but only start recording when the chorus begins. Overdub a few parts as the chorus part plays. Switch off the loop when the chorus is complete, and perform the verse in real time. When you get back to the chorus, switch on the loop. Now you've got thick-sounding backing from the overdubs you recorded the first time around.

• If your looper can do multiple independent loops (like the Boss RC-300 and other advanced loopers), try recording separate loops for each song section. Start by recording your verse chords on loop 1, and then switch to loop 2 to record the chorus chords. Now you've got two parts ready to use throughout your song.

• If you have a looper that can record simultaneous tracks (such as the EHX 45000), you can mute recorded parts and bring them back as needed. Start by recording a rhythmic element on track 1. While it plays, record some chord changes on track 2 and jam on that for a bit. When you get to your B section, turn off track 2 and overdub a new part on track 3 while your track 1 rhythm continues to play.