Song 2
1 7%
Song 3
8 57%
Song 4
2 14%
Voters: 14.
Hiello

To forget the fact that this thread is later than usual and to try redeeming myself, here's an assortment of mystery pictures:

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Ghost" (chev311e)

2 - "The Visitors" (FoOltz)

3 - "House of Leaves" (whywefight)

4 - "Smile One" (MapOfYourHead)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is last week's most voted song, from MapOfYourHead, it's "Wood In Two Parts", with 6 votes!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Friday. The winner of this week's voting will become a mod in our group.

------------------
Please adopt a pet, take really good care of it and don't do this (unless it's a cat, it's ok to screw with those):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1658178
^

A few, almost irrelevant, observations:

- chev311e's solo reminds me of the ones in Fado (the genre)

- Awesome song by FoOltz, and the theme really combines with the music. I liked the atmosphere.

- whywefight, nice. Nice. Nice.

- How can MapOfYourHead do dis better than me in less time

Just my 2 measly cents.
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Oct 14, 2014,
Quote by Minicaxotinho
^

A few, almost irrelevant, observations:

- chev311e's solo reminds me of the ones in fado

Just my 2 measly cents.

Hmm never heard of that genre. Hopefully it's good though!
Wwf is your song title a reference to the book which the fall of troy reference in some of their songs?
Just googled it because I don't listen to that much TFOT (even though what I've heard is pretty cool) but yeah it is. It's one of my favorite books
Quote by Minicaxotinho
How can MapOfYourHead do dis better than me in less time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdPHE5t_YHI

I had to reupload my one because I mixed it in like 15 minutes. It's still under the same same etc so it's cool

I'll crit everyone by the end of the night.

Edit:

As of this edit the one I uploaded is the proper one.

1 - "Ghost" (chev311e)

Like the progression. Like the voice. Transition to 2nd section was a bit weird, kinda felt it needed to go up a bit and instead it was just the same thing basically. Solo is cool, I'd prefer it to be a bit more melodic though but whatevv.

2 - "The Visitors" (FoOltz)

Sounds good. Bit of a garage black metal vibe which I like. Everything works pretty well. Vocals aren't really my thing.

3 - "House of Leaves" (whywefight)

Cool intro. Drums leave a lot to be desired, tone-wise. Man that synth thing just sounds great. Guitar a bit loud, drowns out everything else. Vocals fit perfectly. Solo section is amaze

4 - "Smile One" (MapOfYourHead)

Hapy thoughts, happy thoughts.
Last edited by MapOfYourHead at Oct 14, 2014,
Quote by whywefight
Just googled it because I don't listen to that much TFOT (even though what I've heard is pretty cool) but yeah it is. It's one of my favorite books

yea you should listen to them.

'you gotta death wish johnny truant?' and 'the hol[]y tape' are apparently references to the book. and awesome songs.
@map: you mean the drums in the beginning? Yeah they're pretty rough tbh. Foltz and I just got addictive drums a few weeks ago though so I really like the drum sound of the rest of the song. I'm glad you liked the synth sound though, that's my first attempt at really anything of that kind.

@chev: yeah I've been really meaning to, they sound pretty wild from what I've heard
Voted for song 2 because that's what connected with me the most this week.

Good stuff
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500