Hey guys. I have an old guitar that a friend of mine built a long time ago. Now it's a great guitar but it would require a pickup replacement. Could you please sugest me something that will get me some rich, warm tone? Thanks
What in the wood combination and what style are you going to play?
I would recommend Seymour Duncan SH-4 anyway, as it covers almost any style I can think of, generally.
Well i have rosewood fretboard and alder in body, and i would like to have an exented range in music styles, but i love the tones of stoner metal bands such as truckfighters (love thise guys)
Which kind of pickup? Single-coil, humbucker, P-90, soapbar...?
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
^ +1. Also what amp(s) are you using? Etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Seymour Duncan Slug is the ONLY stoner pickup. 48K ohms resistance turns any amp into a 200W sounding monster. That or the Dirty Heshers from Lace if you want a bit more versatility.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9