So I bought myself a BC Rich JR V 7 that I should receive this weekend, and I'm trying to come up with a pickup replacement plan. I had a Warlock with the stock BDSM pickups, and they were alright in that, but I like changing pickups, so I'll probably change these out anyway.

Anyway, what I'm looking for is a set of humbuckers that embody a modern metal tone. The guitar is obviously a 7-string, Mahogany with maple neck-through, Floyd, Ebony 'board (it's the trans purple one, but I dunno if it's a veneer or a flame maple cap).

I'm trying to avoid actives for the sake of space-saving in the small cavities that BCR's seem to have standard. I do like EMG's for metalcore stuff, but I've never played an extended range active bar the 7-string EMTY Blackout bridge pickup.

I'm sort of tossing up a few different sets; the Nazgul/Sentient set, the Black Winter set, a Distortion set from SD, or the Ionizer, D Activator or Crunch Lab/Liquifire set I'm always hearing about from a Dimarzio perspective. Trying to steer away from BKP's just to save a little money.

I like the versatility Tosin Abasi gets from the Ionizers (I always coil tap the tone control for the hell of it, gives me a reason to have a tone knob rather than just an empty hole in my guitar), the Nazgul/Sentients seem big with the Keith Merrow types, but I've heard the D Activators described as active-like. The Black Winters are just terribly tempting.

Decisions, decisions. What do you guys think?
I have the winters six string set very versatile I play all types of metal amps are in my SIG.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals