Oh my god, I got 23 seconds into this and had to stop.

Easily the most meaningless, vapid and self-righteously preachy bullshit I've ever heard.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
It is true. When I saw Paramore the girl in front of me filmed the entire concert. Instead of viewing the band and the people making the music through her own eyes, she decided to view it through a tiny 4 inch screen. It's pretty sad.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
tldr technology is scary and I don't like things being different than they used to be so I wrote a pretentious poem about it but I'm good at video editing so people actually pay attention

The handful of decent points - people's attention spans for news stories being limited to what fits in twitter posts, the overvaluing of followers and likes and whatnot, etc. - are lost in a mess of "modern communication is different than how it used to be so it's bad because different is bad".

There's a decent helping of irony to post something like this on youtube and have people sharing it via social media, too.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Oct 14, 2014,
We can autocorrect humanity.

Or at least, Obama and Putin could make a start, they've got a shitton of nukes. I'm pretty sure everyone else would join in once they started.
Quote by necrosis1193
tldr technology is scary and I don't like things being different than they used to be so I wrote a pretentious poem about it but I'm good at video editing so people actually pay attention

I'm suddenly inspired to make a similar video railing against people's misuse of the adjective "pretentious".

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by necrosis1193

The handful of decent points - people's attention spans for news stories being limited to what fits in twitter posts, the overvaluing of followers and likes and whatnot, etc. - are lost in a mess of "modern communication is different than how it used to be so it's bad because different is bad".

There's a decent helping of irony to post something like this on youtube and have people sharing it via social media, too.

Yeah a lot of irony.

I think it does have some good points. We are getting increasingly disconnected and vacuous. Sometimes I go on Instagram and it's just a parade of people showing off their material possessions in search for "likes" and it makes me want to delete every social network. A lo of people online are simply doing this for likes and follows and trying to measure their self worth through numbers.

But when you go to the pub with your mates and a lot of them are just on phones when you're trying to speak to them it's incredibly annoying. Yeah maybe I need new friends but there needs to be some courtesy when using phones. They can be a great tool in life but I do think a lot of people get too slaved to them and just need to look up and appreciate the world around them for a second once in a while.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
My actual mates are fine, it's just my old school ex-mates are disconnected vacuous little shits. That's what living in Essex gets you.

Quote by willT08
Imagine lyle's mates if he thinks they're disconnected vacuous little shits

They must all be like him if thats the case.

#rekt
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
The fact that he posts links to his facebook, twitter and tumblr pages in the description of the video pushes the irony over the edge for me.

It's pretty sad how many likes the video has.

While I agree that it's bad that people have become too disconnected from life itself, because our culture is so dependent on it, you end up missing out a lot if you don't. Really moderation is the key. But stepping away from the internet completely is impossible.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 14, 2014,
Quote by snipelfritz

Easily the most meaningless, vapid and self-righteously preachy bullshit I've ever heard.

Pretty much this

But is the guy at 10 seconds snazz?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
It's like the Amish slam poetry'd their way into our society to bring about the destruction of technology.

Mother fuccker technology expands over and over over time rewriting history, read between the lines. Technophobes like you, complain and whine, while users of technology approve and get by. I'm tired of same sully acceptance of hipsteronic culture debating, rebating the users of our generation. Take if for what it is, it's not gonna change. Get used to it, you sound like a lame.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelshizzle
It's like the Amish slam poetry'd their way into our society to bring about the destruction of technology.

Mother fuccker technology expands over and over over time rewriting history, read between the lines. Technophobes like you, complain and whine, while users of technology approve and get by. I'm tired of same sully acceptance of hipsteronic culture debating, rebating the users of our generation. Take if for what it is, it's not gonna change. Get used to it, you sound like a lame.

Reply of the year.

Gumdnity
humanity

Yep, works like a charm on an Android. Just hit space and it fixes it. Don't think iPhones can do that.
No, i don't think i would want to axe a friend.
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

Nelshy once again proves he is the best.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Technology is ruining our society! We can't even forage for berries anymore!

Posted from my Stone Tablet
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
This video is not about technology. It is about us. He is not saying technology is bad, he is saying that he believes we are misusing it.
"The average person spends 4 years of his life looking down at his cell phone."
Surely cell phones haven't existed long enough to prove that statistic. Or am I missing something?
Quote by eGraham

But is the guy at 10 seconds snazz?

This is the important issue here
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
got to 35 seconds and figured he'd already said everything he's really gonna say

not really on what them man are on
Quote by FoOltz
"The average person spends 4 years of his life looking down at his cell phone."
Surely cell phones haven't existed long enough to prove that statistic. Or am I missing something?

No, he's most likely taken the results of a survey(probably, rather than a rigourous study) asking how long people spend on their phones, ignored every response but the highest one, and extrapolated that out assuming that they get a phone at birth, and use it until death(also assuming the longest possible life expectancy).

Bascially, he should be 3310'd to death. Which is like stoning, only using Nokia 3310's, which will suffer less damage themselves from the impact than any known stone would.
I really can't stand people who whine and bitch about "selfie culture" (one of the most vague, useless terms I've ever heard) like this, it's basically "you guys aren't spending your life the way I want to spend my life therefore you are bad and I am good." I mean yeah, it's annoying as hell when people inappropriately have their faces in their phones when you're hanging out but it's not some "THOU CHILDREN!!! WE HAVETH LOSTETH OURSELVES WITHIN THE CONFINES OF OUR TECHNOLOGY SOCIAL MEDIA SELFIE TAKETH CULTURE!" Ghandi revolution shit, it's just a very minor annoyance that's heavily blown out of proportion by these types.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
i didn't watch the video so i have no idea what this thread is about but sometimes i find myself relying on spell check rather than actually engaging my brain. not that i do that much anyway but it's not really technologies fault. what was this thread about again?
I agree that some of the "technological fads" are stupid and not as "social" as social media claims them to be. However, I don't go out of my way to tell people not to use social media, their phones, take selfies, use skype, etc.

If someone wants to take pictures of every meal they eat and share it with their friends, fine. Whatever makes them happy. I'm personally glad that none of my friends do things like that, or take selfies when they're driving, or other stupid things. Because I just don't care to read about stuff like that or look at their pictures. However, I don't think it's destroying society. There are other things to blame for that.
Quote by snipelfritz

yar
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.