I have a couple of cheap-ish classical guitars, feel the need to modify and improve them in some way but since my knowledge of classical guitars is limited I have no idea where to start or if there's anything even worth doing.

Anyone got any ideas?
I dont think you can do anything but change the nut, tuners and bridge... And even thats a stretch since its glued on, so you have to pull it of somehow.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by gorkyporky
I dont think you can do anything but change the nut, tuners and bridge... And even thats a stretch since its glued on, so you have to pull it of somehow.

I think you mean saddle, but I agree with your analysis, there's not much you can do.

Hard tension strings might help. You could try very light (10s) steel or silk and steel strings, but there's a risk it will damage the guitar, like pulling the bridge off, and intonation is likely to be a problem.
Quote by rrb445
I have a couple of cheap-ish classical guitars, feel the need to modify and improve them in some way but since my knowledge of classical guitars is limited I have no idea where to start or if there's anything even worth doing.

Anyone got any ideas?

Nothing worth doing. Leave them alone.

Why do you "feel the need to modify and improve them in some way?"
Get over it.
@dspellman: I think I identify with the OP in this one, there is something about taking a really simplistic item (guitar or anything really) and jazzing it up in some form. No harm done, the worst thing OP could do is stuff up the project at the cost of learning something. Learning is always good.

Anyway, OP, have you considered a pickup? You'd need to be alright with woodwork in many cases but there are some options in which you can attach a piezo pickup to the body quite easily. You could also refinish the guitar and put a nice veneer on. A nice nut will also improve tuning stability.