Hi all... I had posted this same problem earlier but to be very precise I am starting it again with some more information. I recently bought an Epiphone les paul custom pro guitar which when connected to my amp via POD hd 400 does create lots of hum. As a part of trying out different configurations of the connection setup, I tried connecting the guitar directly to the amp and the noise was completely gone.

I am sure everyone who reads this post will treat my Pod hd as the culprit. But my old lil Ibanez guitar doesnt make any noise with this setup(guitar-->pod hd--->amp) .I had also tried replacing pod hd with zoom g2 processor with no success. . What could be going here? Is it my Epi or a grounding issue.? One more observation is the amp which I use comes with a 3 pin supply where as my processor - POD HD or zoom g2 is not. So if I use a 3 pin adapter for my processor as well, will the issue be solved? Thanks in advance
Possibly a grounding issue with the Epi, yes. I'd check the soldering and that there's a ground source in the wiring. If you can't get a wiring issue fixed just put a Noise Suppressor in your chain in the POD.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
The POD Has a ground lift switch on the back. Check it out first and also the POD has a switch that you use if you are running the output into an amp vs into a mixer, studio tools etc.
Moving on.....
Quote by TheStig1214
Possibly a grounding issue with the Epi, yes. I'd check the soldering and that there's a ground source in the wiring. If you can't get a wiring issue fixed just put a Noise Suppressor in your chain in the POD.

Hey. Thanks for the info.. But how would I check the ground wiring. How does it look like?
Quote by KenG
The POD Has a ground lift switch on the back. Check it out first and also the POD has a switch that you use if you are running the output into an amp vs into a mixer, studio tools etc.

Hey. I have tried the grnd/lift setting. Still the problem persists. I connect to an amp so I am trying the amp and live setting.
The ground/lift will do nothing for a guitar plugged in via 1/4" jacks, only something running XLR (mic cables).

As for checking the ground, just make sure everything lines up with this diagram, that there are no cold solder joints, and that in general nothing looks out of place.

Also, does it happen with both pickups or just one?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
The ground/lift will do nothing for a guitar plugged in via 1/4" jacks, only something running XLR (mic cables).

As for checking the ground, just make sure everything lines up with this diagram, that there are no cold solder joints, and that in general nothing looks out of place.

Also, does it happen with both pickups or just one?

Thanks..i would take it to a shop and ask them to check the wirings. It happens with both the pickups.But I also wonder why the hum goes away completely when i connect directly to the amp which comes with a 3 pin supply.