I'm at school right now so figured id ask here out of curiosity before I tried it out when I have the chance to get home and bring back a couple pedals.

I just recently purchased amplitube 3 and use an irig HD for right now. I'm curious to know if the sound quality would be good still if I were to put a wah, phase 90... etc in front of amplitube so that I can switch them with my feet instead of having to stop playing and click through stuff on my computer.

Secondary question, can something like the irig blue board be used to control individual effects within amplitube or does each button correspond to an individual patch or preset?
1. it'll not be ideal.
Amp sims in general tend to take pedals bad.

2. yes, though you'll need a midi interface and a midi foot controller.

I suggest whatever cheap midi usb interface you find yourself on ebay/amazon, with at least one in and one out, and a behringer FCB1010.

Then you map whatever hardware button to whatever software control and you're set.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
1. it'll not be ideal.

i don't agree. i have tried a number of pedals with amp sims (usually amplitube, but i have used a number of sims) and they sounded just fine.

i have made some comparison tracks using a tube screamer, but they have removed our mp3's from our profiles and i'd have to find it again on my computer. but here is one track where all the guitar is through an amp sim and i used a wah into an amp sim for the solo at the end (at 3:30).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15421780/music/Innate%20Matter%20Odyssey%20ASAT%20revenge%20version.mp3

i really see no problem with running pedals into amp sims.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Oct 14, 2014,
Quote by Spambot_2
1. it'll not be ideal.

2. yes, though you'll need a midi interface and a midi foot controller.

I suggest whatever cheap midi usb interface you find yourself on ebay/amazon, with at least one in and one out, and a behringer FCB1010.

Then you map whatever hardware button to whatever software control and you're set.

The cheaper the interface, the worse the pedal/sim interaction is gonna be.
Quote by pinheadslts75
The cheaper the interface, the worse the pedal/sim interaction is gonna be.

yeah, i guess i should add that i did use a fairly good channel strip into a mid-range interface for that clip above.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
The only pedals i use in front of amplitube was a polytune, because its easier to tune than the built in tuner, and a wah. They both worked fine, and i think the wah sounded better than using the built in wahs.

You can of course control amplitube with external controlers. I have a Behringer FCB1010, and after you figure out how to program it, it works pretty well. The only problem i had with it is the expression pedals, if you set the midi range to the entire pedal movement range, you probably wont be able to get it into the extreme ends of the midi range (value 0 and 127). Its not a big deal while using a wah, but its annoying as hell when you use a whammy.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.