"You want to talk heavy? Bill Kelliher’s riffs with metal giants Mastodon could just about crush prehistoric beast that gives the band its name. The Bill Kelliher “Halcyon” Les Paul takes its classic mahogany/maple foundation from this savage-riffing guitarist’s longtime favorite singlecut, and blows it through the bedrock with a pair of eviscerating Lace Dissonant Aggressor pickups, with push-pull coil splitting on their individual volume controls for authentic single-coil sounds. With the tone totally covered, this guitar drives home the looks, too, courtesy of a Gold With Blackburst finish, gold-plated hardware, gold speed knobs, a “Halcyon” hot-stamped truss-rod cover, cream binding, and traditional trapezoid inlays. The guitar comes protected in a Vintage Brown Gibson hardshell case."

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Bill-Kelliher-Halcyon-Les-Paul.aspx

Considering picking one of these up. What are your thoughts?
Definitely not as pretty as the Golden Axe Explorer imo, but damn good on Bill for getting 2 sigs out of Gibson, even if they are both limited run stuff. He was also selling a prototype of this a few weeks ago with a black pickguard. I don't think I will be getting one with that price tag, though
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Probably a killer axe!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Killer looking guitar.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Bring back the ****ing Explorer.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
The GAS is rising.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Its cool, but wouldnt you be better of geting a normal LP and changing the pickups? Im guessing it would be much cheaper. Unless you cant live without the amazing “Halcyon” hot-stamped truss-rod cover!

I have to admit it looks amazing tho.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
To be fair...

It's cheaper and better spec'd than a Standard?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Um, yes please!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by Tom 1.0
To be fair...

It's cheaper and better spec'd than a Standard?

I actually have no idea about gibson prices, i just assumed a signature model is 50% more expensive, like they usually are.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by gorkyporky
I actually have no idea about gibson prices, i just assumed a signature model is 50% more expensive, like they usually are.

This is cheaper than the new Standards they're putting out and without all the crap like the auto tuner, the horrible new signature, etc etc.
It's no Dusk Tiger
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
This band is the biggest bunch of $-grabbers around, KISS status. They regularly autograph their own stuff (CDs, posters, shirts) and put them on Ebay and the money goes right in their pockets. More about making money than making music. This is essentially a completely regular Gibson Les Paul with Lace pickups installed and a gaudy truss rod cover. Pass.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Last edited by CustomAxe at Oct 15, 2014,
It's a pretty basic weight-relieved LP with gold hardware. '60's neck profile (.800/.875), none of the 2014 or 2015 tack-on stuff (MinETune, funky 12-fret, strange Les Paul signature, etc).

That also includes a standard clunky neck heel, medium jumbo frets, 10-12" radius fretboard, rosewood, trap inlays, etc., and a set of overwound pickups with coil splits.

You DO get a stamped TRC that says Halcyon, which means Calm, undisturbed, peaceful, serene. As a Proper noun, it refers to a bird.

What, exactly, about this particular LP (out of the thousands of versions of them out there) piques your interest?
Quote by dspellman

What, exactly, about this particular LP (out of the thousands of versions of them out there) piques your interest?

I really like it.

I rest my case.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I really like it.

I rest my case.

The question was for the OP, but you really didn't answer it, either.

De Gustibus est non disputandum.
Quote by dspellman
The question was for the OP, but you really didn't answer it, either.

I've answered it for myself.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well whatever i liked or didn't like about it is irrelevant now because the 1976 Mint Les Paul Custom i've been eyeballing for 42 days had it's last day of auction today so i sent in a huge low ball offer and they accepted!! I got this bad boy on the way now!!!!