I have already asked a lot on this forum about which new amp I should get. Now I have to determine which one to get between the Peavey Vypyr VIP 2 and the Randall KH75.

My guitar is an Ibanez 170dx-bkn and I use Ernie Ball Super Slinky (9s) strings on it.

I want the amp to have a really strong/aggressive dist metal sound. I want to be able to get similar guitar sounds to the bands: new Metallica (Death Magnetic), Insomnium, Be'lakor and Amon Amarth.

I should probably pick the KH75 for Metallica sounds but I do not know if it will be as good as the Peavey VIP 2 for the other band sounds. What do you think? Linkerman on this forum said that I probably should get the Peavey Vypyr VIP 2 and I have already ordered one but I do not know if I should cancel it and order the Randall KH75 instead. That's also why I created this thread so that people can help me compare the two. The KH75 is more expensive than the Peavey Vypyr VIP 2 so does it have a better metal dist sound for not only Metallica but the other bands as well?

Which one would you pick :/? It does not matter for me that the KH75 is more expensive just tell me which one will have the overall best metal dist sound overall for the different bands listed above. I do really need all the extra features on the VIP 2 or do I for a great sound?
Last edited by Zerpent93 at Oct 14, 2014,
The Vypyr hands down, but what happened to a POD HD?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
The Vypyr hands down, but what happened to a POD HD?

I think buying the POD HD and a new set of speakers/headphones would be too expensive for me. I just wanted an amp. I took a look at it though and it seemed good but I went with the Peavey instead. If I keep playing and want to buy new gear again in the future I will probably have a better budget and determination to buy the POD for example. But I am happy for now that I will not have to play with the Spider III anymore.