So I found a strat on craigslist I'm looking to buy this week. Before I did though, I wanted to ask what yall knew about the color that was on this guitar and if it was anything actually special like he claims it is. He says it's a MIM but with this turquoise blue that was designed for the fender custom shop guitars, and used on a limited run of MIM's. Any of yall heard this? Is it anymore valuable than a regular MIM besides the fact that it's a sweet color? I'll post a picture of it below. He also says it's in mint condition with zero scratches or wear (which all the pictures support) and still has the factory strings on. He's asking $320. Decent deal? Any info you know about this would be fantastic. Thanks!

Micah
Fender does special color runs all the time. Blues are especially common. I would not pay any extra for the color, though I'm sure it looks neat. 325 seems a bit high but not exorbitant if it's dead mint. I'd still aim for the 250-275 mark but if you really love the color, it's up to you if you can stand the markup.
Fender does FSR-models (Factory Special Run) all the time. Often they are ordered by and exclusive to one store or chain of stores. It's a cool way to try new features, and gives the buyer a more exclusive instrument while still maintaining the price and overall quality of the model it is based on. Here is a Thomann FSR (MIM Standard with 22 frets, Tex-mex-pickups, Olympic White, and big CBS-headstock):

http://www.thomann.de/se/fender_standard_strat_mn_owt_fsr.htm?sid=ed579e090cd275e482758c8192cba6e9

Objectively, I don't think that an FSR is worth more than the regular model it is based on - it sells for the same price as the regular Standard in the example here, but who cares if you like the colour and have no other way of getting it? $325 is not too much for a MIM Strat in mint condition, they're starting at $500 new, but it may not be a super-deal that you will make money on when you want to sell it later.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Objectively, I don't think that an FSR is worth more than the regular model it is based on - it sells for the same price as the regular Standard in the example here, but who cares if you like the colour and have no other way of getting it?

Well when other makers do likewise, they often don't charge more unless there is a special upgraded material used. For example, Godin rarely makes blue guitars, but every once in a while, they put out a blue version of something. New, those guitars usually cost the same as their standard versions. In the used market, however they tend to retain more value.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!