Hi All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTQRBrb7S2s

I'm looking for a guitar that can play the sound as above. So smooth and clean. Would it have to be a strat/strat copy/single coil pickup guitar?

Any recommendations from Ibanez, Schecter, Gibson, Epiphone, ESP LTD or Yamaha that can produce these kind of tones ?
The right question you should ask is what amp do you need.

That's just a super clean amp, a touch of reverb and the neck pickup on a Les Paul type guitar.

So, I guess not really a strat. But still focus on the amp more.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Les Paul of some sort, Seymour Duncan '59 or JB neck pickup, cleaner amp (Fender, Orange, Line 6 just because it can mimic a lot of various famous tones), reverb.
Quote by TheStig1214
The right question you should ask is what amp do you need.

That's just a super clean amp, a touch of reverb and the neck pickup on a Les Paul type guitar.

So, I guess not really a strat. But still focus on the amp more.

Yes, the amp is the thing, but the pickup sounds bright to me too, something like an SD Jazz, no cover. Just the kind of sound I like most; I could be very happy with that rig, whatever it is, even the guitar cosmetics are right.
Last edited by Tony Done at Oct 15, 2014,
Thanks for the answers guys... I am really new at this , so I was looking if the sound above is unique to a specific type of guitar (humbuckers, single coil pickups or p90's? ) ?

I know that with a decent amp this sound is possible but what type of guitar should I be looking for to play that kind of music.

Also, any recommendations for decent budget priced amps? I live in Sydney

Lastly.... the way he played is amazing..is this something that takes years and years of practice or is it relatively easy for guitar aficionados like yourselves? ie..can the average person learn to play this if they practice everyday within 6 months of playing the guitar?
Last edited by tripsteady at Oct 15, 2014,
Quote by tripsteady
Thanks for the answers guys... I am really new at this , so I was looking if the sound above is unique to a specific type of guitar (humbuckers, single coil pickups or p90's? ) ?

I know that with a decent amp this sound is possible but what type of guitar should I be looking for to play that kind of music.

Also, any recommendations for decent budget priced amps? I live in Sydney

Lastly.... the way he played is amazing..is this something that takes years and years of practice or is it relatively easy for guitar aficionados like yourselves? ie..can the average person learn to play this if they practice everyday within 6 months of playing the guitar?

I'll pass on the budget amp question, because the one I use isn't cheap by our Oz standards.

The guitar is just a fancy lump of wood, the pickups are the important bit. Because of my cosmetic prejudices I would be looking at something like an Epiphone LP Special II for the guitar Then replace at least the neck pickup with something like an SD Jazz, and maybe adding series/single or series/parallel switching on it for good measure. I also like P90 pickups and the Fender Modern Player Thinline Tele I tried a few months ago impressed me a lot, but it is more expensive than the Epi.

I don't play that style, but I think it would take a bit more than six months to get that far - it is about touch at least a much as notes.