Hi,
So I play metal, rock, blues. Buckethead, KOL, foo fighters. On the pb are the 4 channels switchable via footswitch and do you have to buy the footswitch?
Thanks.
The 4 channels on the Powerball II are switchable via footswitch.
You do have to buy the footswitch separately. IIRC, the one you'll need is the ENGL Z9 MIDI Foot Controller.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Yeah you need the Z9 which is some really bastard idea - it's a midi footswitch sending info via a TRS 1/4" jack.

The powerball II is my all time favorite high gain amp, and for my life I wouldn't choose a mesa over it.
Unless it was a lone star classic and I needed cleans better than the ENGL's - which don't sound bad at all actually.
Not dry, though tight and "precise".

For what you wanna do, I still think a JSX/XXX II would be better than both, and having to choose between the two I'd go for the mesa for that stuff.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'd take a rectoverb over a JSX anyday having owned them both (not the rectoverb25 though).
I'd look for a used Tremoverb or a Roadster though personally. I miss my Engl, but if you like using pedals into the front of the amp, the Engl hates dirt pedals. Like, a lot. haha. So the mesa would at least handle pedals better.
Possibly, but Buckethead has veeery rarely used a powerball II anyway.

The sound of buckethead is a triple recto + a JVM410.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
the Engl hates dirt pedals.
I'll admit it I haven't tried that much, but it worked good with whatever I put through it.

Though using guitar pedals in front of it would hardly be a reason to get such an amp.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Oct 16, 2014,