Would this work for what I'm trying to do?

whirlwindusa.com/catalog/black-boxes-effects-and-dis/splitters-boxes/splitter-l-premium-mic-splitter-w-lundahl-transfor

I want to go bass - splitter - 1 out to 1 preamp - the other out to my second preamp.

Thanks.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Yes that should work for you. I have a number of split boxes I use for live recording so I can split the mics already being used on stage (#1 out to the recorder/mixer and #2 out to the main PA system). I have several similar (but older) Whirlwind boxes and they work just as described and are well built.
To do that you might as well use a Y shaped cable actually.

That box would be
1. overkill because of the tranny bal line outs
2. inconvenient to work with 'cause of the xlr connectors.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I can't really comment on the bundles they are offering as I already have all the soft-synths and and instrument sounds that I needed and I use an Alesis an SR-16 drum machine that drums. I have have used this stuff for many years and it just works for me. Music Creator 6 comes with the Roland TT1 digital instrument package (this is the latest update of the much loved Roland Sound Canvas) and it has a lot of good usable midi sounds. Sorry I can't help on the other software being offered.