First thread, read the FAQ and searched first but if I'm doing anything wrong or missing an answer to this just let me know and I'll be happy to close the thread.

I'm trying to get a metalcore tone similar to that of August Burns Red (although I'd happily settle for something along the lines of As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, or maybe even the chunkier Parkway Drive). I didn't have a huge budget when getting my gear, so based on reviews and gear threads I'm running my Ibanez RG370DX (with D'Addario 10-52s) through a Peavey Vypyr VIP 1 and an EHX Metal Muff pedal (the full one, not the mini).

I was playing around with it yesterday trying to get a good tone, but not being a gear head myself I had a hard time finding a sweet spot between the presets and channels the amp had with settings for the pedal.

Does anyone have experience with a similar setup? Thanks in advance.
Used 6505+ 112

6505's are pretty much THE amp for that sort of sound.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Used 6505+ 112

6505's are pretty much THE amp for that sort of sound.

I got the Vypyr at a steal (like 80 bucks I think) which is why I went that route. I saw some 6505 recommendations, but with the cost of the guitar, pedal, and amp, even a used 6505 was out of my price range at the time. If they're the go to, I might save up and grab one (looks like they're around $400-$500 used) and just use the Vypyr as a backup since it's pretty decent as well from what I can tell.