Hi all,
I own a 2006 model Fender Highway One Stratocaster. Soon after getting it I swapped out the pickguard and put the original white one away in a drawer, keeping it in darkness pretty much until this day.
As soon as I bought it I took the stickers off, and it was all brand-new white in colour then (I purchased it in around 2011). For some reason, the pickguard/scratch plate has aged but only where the stickers and control knobs weren't. I have no idea why this has happened as The scratch plate matched the colour of the pickups, which are to this day white and un-aged. Can someone here please enlighten me as to why it has not aged where the sticker was?
Here's a pic of the Strat when I first got it and 3 of the guard today.

Last edited by nathan:-) at Oct 15, 2014,
Exposure to direct sunlight generally discolours plastic fairly easily. But really, since it is a 2006 and you bought it with the stickers still attached in 2011 it is hard to say exactly what might have caused it. I'd just say that having a guitar hanging under bright spotlights in a store seems like a fairly certain way of causing a discolouration like this. And the reason it is still white under the stickers is obvious - that part hasn't been exposed to light.

I have seen this type of thing on white guitars in person, but never on a pickguard.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
That's weird, perhaps some type of light adhesive or residue left behind from the stickers preserved it?
Quote by deanmaniac
That's weird, perhaps some type of light adhesive or residue left behind from the stickers preserved it?

That's my only possible guess. I'm pretty sure the whole guard had a plastic film over it when I bought it. The stickers might have been underneath it or something and caused it not to age