Has anyone had any experience with the MOTM Guitar Wrist Mount?
I saw someone wearing at my guitar lessons class for tuning and lesson apps,
but wasnt sure about the comfort.

(link removed)

thanks
Why didn't you ask them?

Or are you just going to register an account to mention a product and then never come back to check the thread? Suspicious...
No I have been reading this forum since I joined Lewis Music Academy 2 months ago to learn how to play the guitar. I saw some kid about 9 years old wearing one and did not think he would be the right person to ask since i am 30 years older. I am sure I will have many questions, but dont want to bother most of you. Sorry if you felt I was suspicious. I guess I will wait a little lomger for future questions.
Quote by Khiladi69r
No I have been reading this forum since I joined Lewis Music Academy 2 months ago to learn how to play the guitar. I saw some kid about 9 years old wearing one and did not think he would be the right person to ask since i am 30 years older. I am sure I will have many questions, but dont want to bother most of you. Sorry if you felt I was suspicious. I guess I will wait a little lomger for future questions.

we are pretty reactionary to possible advertising on this forum. it just happens quite a bit and it's a pretty big no-no.

that being said, i noticed you included a link but it was removed and i can find nothing on this product. i am really not sure what it is, but something that obscure is most likely not going to get much of a response.

questions we can answer would have more to do with products we would most likely have more experience with or asking about products in general. for example: what would a good guitar chord phone app be? or i am looking for something convenient to practice chords with on a smart device, what do you guys use?

i am unsure if this is what you were asking about because colin removed the link, but just trying to give you ideas on how to ask questions that can give you more helpful responses.

look forward to seeing you in the future.

punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Thank you. I didnt know I was not to post a link. Too be honest I was a little nervous in posting period and was not sure if posting the link would make it easier for a response. I was
able to google it under motm iphone and it came up on amazon. thank you for your response and I look forward in learning from all of the members here. Thank you
Links are OK, it's just that yours- regarding an obscure product- came across as advetising, which is mostly a no-no.

That said, comfort is pretty subjective. Having your smartphone wrist-mounted like the thingy the Predator wore is kinda cool, but I don't know how much I'd like that while playing. My instinct would be that a belt mount or band for your upper arm would be more comfortable...but less convenient.

Personally, I don't have any music apps on my iPhone, but I do have several different portable digital modelers, which I usually attach to my belt, attach to my guitar strap or put in a pocket.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Oct 15, 2014,
Looks like its just a $60 wrist-mount for an iPhone and the apps for tuning/lessons are separate. That's pricey for velcro.

I would not want any weight strapped to either wrist while playing. An armband might work... or keeping in the spirit of musical devices... why don't you put it in front of your face by tweaking one of those harmonica holders?

Search amazon for: MOTM iPhone 5/5s Wrist Mount Kit
Last edited by black_box at Oct 15, 2014,
Okay, now that it is established that you weren't advertising, please post the link again. I don't have any idea what you are talking about without it.
Quote by Jeffh40
Okay, now that it is established that you weren't advertising, please post the link again. I don't have any idea what you are talking about without it.

it's basically this:

a velcro strap with a mount for the phone on it.

i don't know how handy this would be playing guitar. i'd rather have a stand in front of me, most of the time either hand won't be available to look at while playing. i'd also prefer a bigger screen if i were to look up chords or tabs, see more of the song at once, i'd want a tablet or computer.

basically i don't think this thing would be too convenient for playing guitar.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Thank you guys I will try your other suggestions.
This was the site motmstore.com (since someone said to repost it)
I attached a photo of it.

Thank you again and i will look at the other options, also.
Attachments:
Guitar mount.jpg
Come on roc your slipping a little.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
A small computer or external display near your play/practice area would make more sense. Having a phone attached to your wrist is only going to be in the way and may cause you to develop extremely bad habits that could cause unnecessary stress on your wrist.

Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2