I need some information please from accoustic guitar players about their guitar stands. Would you prefer to have a stand that was completely stable in all directions but is so small you can store it inside the case and is almost invisible when in use i.e. it displays the guitar, not the metal tubes that hold it I've designed such a model but am wondering if the stability plus portability would be attractive to guitarists.
There are tons of guitar stands out there already. Show us a product, not a list of claims.
Oh wow, i for one would HATE a stand thats stable AND portable! I like my stands rickety and obnoxiously awkward to carry around.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Not one of these threads again...

This thread is worthless without pics.

Quote by Roc8995
There are tons of guitar stands out there already. Show us a product, not a list of claims.

+3,1415
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
There is a Fender Mini Stand that costs less than $15.00 and folds up really small and can be put in any small case with your guitar cords or even a gig bag pocket. It's pretty sturdy especialy for Strat and Tele style guitars. Ok for Les Paul's if you are careful.
Quote by charlesmcewan
I need some information please from accoustic guitar players about their guitar stands. Would you prefer to have a stand that was completely stable in all directions but is so small you can store it inside the case and is almost invisible when in use i.e. it displays the guitar, not the metal tubes that hold it I've designed such a model but am wondering if the stability plus portability would be attractive to guitarists.

I don't even know where to begin with this post.

No thanks, It's awesome when the stand fails to hold my guitar securely and my expensive guitar falls on the floor and breaks the headstock. I love that shit.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 16, 2014,
I want a stand so big that I need a truck to move it and then destroys my guitar when I use it. **** stability, I want it to behave like a trash compacter.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
I want a stand so big that I need a truck to move it and then destroys my guitar when I use it. **** stability, I want it to behave like a trash compacter.

Now THAT is punk!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'm with Cathbard. If I can play my guitar after using your stand, it isn't good.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I have a ultra portable almost invisible stand that is anywhere I take my guitar. Its called whatever the hell I lean my guitar against.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
who the **** cares if you see a little bit of metal touching your guitar to hold it up?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Hey guys I think I found his patent? Lol

http://www.google.com/patents/US20140224948

After checking out the pictures, it looks sorta decent. My only problem is I think I could knock the guitar over/potentially rip out the strap button pretty easily if I accidentally hit it. Also, my only acoustic is a classical guitar with no strap buttons. Haha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by ibanezguitars44 at Oct 18, 2014,
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Hey guys I think I found his patent? Lol

http://www.google.com/patents/US20140224948

After checking out the pictures, it looks sorta decent. My only problem is I think I could knock the guitar over/potentially rip out the strap button pretty easily if I accidentally hit it. Also, my only acoustic is a classical guitar with no strap buttons. Haha

Yep, I think that would put unwanted pressure on the strap button.
Also, it probably can't be used if you have a thick-ish strap on at all times since there won't be free space in the strap button to fit the stand. That means removing the strap every time you want to use the stand.

No, thanks. The old, regular stand design works better for me.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112