Hey all
I'm looking for new pickup rings for me prs se. Preferably chrome since the ugly cream ones they put on the 2014 Tremonti guitars look ugly to me. They don't match.

I was wondering if I should get metal or plastic? Will the metal ones oxidize and look dull after a while?
Is there any difference?
Just understand that if you have flat bottom pickup rings, you'll want to fit them to the guitar if you have any curve in that area. That's easier with plastic rings. Do not bend them to fit the top. Sure sign of someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

The Les Paul goofs swap out pickups and ruin pickup rings all the time:

This is the right way:

Good idea. I think the metal ones can be bend slightly to compensate for the slight curve.

I also noticed that the bridge pickup is slightly taller than the neck pickup ring. Is there any significance for that?
Quote by ken styles
Good idea. I think the metal ones can be bend slightly to compensate for the slight curve.

I also noticed that the bridge pickup is slightly taller than the neck pickup ring. Is there any significance for that?

Bending it might ruin the streamlined look.

The bridge pickup location is traditionally further away from the strings, and the bridge pickup needs to be a little closer to compensate for the fact there is naturally less vibration to pickup at the bridge than at the neck heel.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Pickup or pickup ring? Pretty sure a taller bridge pup ring is normally to compensate for the fallaway in the top carve.
Charvel / Godin / Peavey / Marshall / AMT
Last edited by Danustar at Oct 16, 2014,