Hello,
I was wondering, if anyone knows of any really great, and I mean REALLY great band frontmen who can sing and riff like a mother****er at the same time. I just need some inspiration because im not too good at it yet. The best I can think of off the top of my head is Caludio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambria, with his crazy prog riffs and vocals that he can do simultaneously.
I only feel like me when I'm behind my ax...
Devin Townsend sweeps and sings at the same time. But seriously, pretty much all of the great bluegrass and many of the great country musicians can do both well at the same time, and not just the guitarists.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Josh Homme, Dave Mustaine, James Hetfield, Dan Auerbach, Chris Cornell, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi, there are quite a few..
Devin Townsend, James Hetfield and Josh Homme are probably the best that i know of.

They seem to have completely mastered the act of multitasking. Also, Billy Corgan is pretty daymn awesome.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Im gonna go with Chris Cornell. I saw Soundgarden and NIN this summer and i was blown away at his playing and singing abilities. He's tops in my book.
Quote by ImDesigner
Josh Homme, Dave Mustaine, James Hetfield, Dan Auerbach, Chris Cornell, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi, there are quite a few..

Great list.
John Mayer comes to mind for me, for more modern options. Neon is a good example of a complex riff he sings over. I can't say I can think of Dave Matthews as much of a lead solo sort of guitarist really, but as a vocalist/guitarist/frontman, his guitar/vocal combinations can be very difficult and complex.
Man, I'm jealous of guys that can do it. I love to sing and I love to play guitar, but I hate to do them both at once. That said, it's my observation that most singer guitar players typically aren't real technical singers. That's not to say they're bad, just not technical. Of course, there's probably a really obvious example I'm not thinking of. James Hetfield is pretty good at both now that I think about it.
John Sykes..best singer/lead guitar player combo ever IMO

Also of course Gary Moore, Rik Emmet (Triumph)
Tons of great suggestions. Though I'm quite shocked that no one has mentioned Matt Bellamy yet. And on the metal side of things, Chuck Schuldiner killed it at both, constantly.
Quote by Jes Johnson
That said, it's my observation that most singer guitar players typically aren't real technical singers. That's not to say they're bad, just not technical. Of course, there's probably a really obvious example I'm not thinking of.

Matt Bellamy.
Wow. Most of these dudes are really good at the whole multitasking thing. It seems to be almost a necessity in the meavy metal genre. Billy Corgan is like my fav guitarist, and come to think of it, Geek USA has a tricky riff to sing and play at the same time.
I only feel like me when I'm behind my ax...