Poll: Is Ebola going to win?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is Ebola going to win?
Yes
13 23%
No
44 77%
Voters: 57.
Page 1 of 2
Tell me Pit, is Ebola going to wipe us out? Is the biological brawl of the century about to be on our hands? Opinions from doctor/bio people appreciated.
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
I am a doctor currently working in the quarantine zone. I'm not allowed to talk to the press but I'll say it here: we're all dead
Isn't that the name of one of Kate Hopkins's children?

Edit: Saw these documentaries about Ebola in Libera. Pretty interesting stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANUI4uT3xJI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XasTcDsDfMg

Seems that the opinion over there is that Ebola is a government conspiracy and that nobody is dying from it, despite people dying from it.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Oct 16, 2014,
Ok here it is.

Ebola is not going to wipe us out. It's not a major threat to the Western world.

That's all you need to know. But I will continue.

Here is why Ebola is devastating western Africa right now: distrust in health services, no medical infrastructure, and the worst standards of living in the world.

I mean really, ebola is active primarily in three countries: Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Liberia. All these of those countries are so recently war torn. They are poor. They have hardly any medical facilities, and none of those medical facilities are staffed, equipped, or funded well on a Western level. I mean, in Liberia one of the nurses told people that ebola was a hoax, so they broke into the hospital and dragged everyone out. That was a nurse. One of the medical staff. That's the level of qualification that nurses over there have.

There's massive distrust in the African nations towards the white nations. There are people there that think that ebola is a hoax, or a conspiracy, or something created by the white man to keep them in check and under control. Because of that, they don't listen to anything. They don't follow medical procedures. They don't trust doctors. A month or so ago, there was a village (can't remember if it was Uganda of Liberia) that started throwing stones at a western medical team. The team had to run for their lives, and ended up getting separated. I can't remember exactly off the top of my head, but I believe one of those separated groups had eight people killed by stones. And that was just a village, not even a city.

IF those countries had proper medical facilities, IF those people had trust in the information they're being given, IF they followed the medical procedures, ebola would be stopped dead in its tracks long ago. There's a reason why neighbouring countries like Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, etc, are having very few problems with it. Yes there are a few cases in America, or Spain, or wherever, but they will not progress and they will not destroy mankind.

Western Africa is in shambles. Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Liberia will not get through this endemic without a much greater western support. BUT, despite that, it will not get even close to wiping us out.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
The American government is going to use this as an opportunity to poison the water supply and blame Ebola, thus starting a New World Order in which only the elite will be left alive and restart the human race!

either that, or, you know....everyone in the Western world will be fine and will forget about this in a couple months.
I for one welcome our new hemorrhagic viral overlords.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Remember when Ebola killed everyone in the world for the past 38 years?
Remember when the swine flu murdered all of your children?

Good times.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Baby Joel
Ok here it is.

Ebola is not going to wipe us out. It's not a major threat to the Western world.

Here is why Ebola is devastating western Africa right now: distrust in health services, no medical infrastructure, and the worst standards of living in the world.

I mean really, ebola is active primarily in three countries: Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Liberia. All these of those countries are so recently war torn. They are poor. They have hardly any medical facilities, and none of those medical facilities are staffed, equipped, or funded well on a Western level. I mean, in Liberia one of the nurses told people that ebola was a hoax, so they broke into the hospital and dragged everyone out. That was a nurse. One of the medical staff. That's the level of qualification that nurses over there have.

There's massive distrust in the African nations towards the white nations. There are people there that think that ebola is a hoax, or a conspiracy, or something created by the white man to keep them in check and under control. Because of that, they don't listen to anything. They don't follow medical procedures. They don't trust doctors. A month or so ago, there was a village (can't remember if it was Uganda of Liberia) that started throwing stones at a western medical team. The team had to run for their lives, and ended up getting separated. I can't remember exactly off the top of my head, but I believe one of those separated groups had eight people killed by stones. And that was just a village, not even a city.

IF those countries had proper medical facilities, IF those people had trust in the information they're being given, IF they followed the medical procedures, ebola would be stopped dead in its tracks long ago. There's a reason why neighbouring countries like Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, etc, are having very few problems with it. Yes there are a few cases in America, or Spain, or wherever, but they will not progress and they will not destroy mankind.

Western Africa is in shambles. Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Liberia will not get through this endemic without a much greater western support. BUT, despite that, it will not get even close to wiping us out.

good post
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Wipe us out? Nah. We can have a couple outbreaks, though.

The second Texas nurse to be diagnosed got on a plane after treating the Liberian guy. That's not good. East coast hospitals are stocking up as they're expecting a case to crop up at some point. People fleeing west Africa may come to the US thinking it's the safest place and unknowingly bring ebola with them. It's a scary situation. It won't be the end of us but it can certainly cause a lot of problems.
I'm not scared of Ebola. I lived through SARS when there were few response/quarantine procedures in place and that was much worse because it was more contagious with less obvious symptoms. I mean MERS has been a huge thing for at least the past year but no one talks about it because the safeguards used for SARS help protect against MERS too.
cat
Good luck Ebola-chan.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I have ebola and am currently bleeding internally. As an inside source on the outbreak, I can confirm that it will kill everyone you know and beasts will rule the earth once more.
Better to not let those infected people come anywhere near civilized societies. Then we're good.
I ate a granolabola once, i got crumbs and blood everywhere.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelshizzle

I'm going to name my first child granolabola
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Nelshizzle

I crumb blood
Quote by stratkat
She's already won my heart.

The internet never fails
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Paroxysm
Better to not let those infected people come anywhere near civilized societies. Then we're good.

Too late.

OT:
Remember AIDS? Remember when it was on the rise in Africa, because those people didn't know shit about not spreading it? Does Ebola remind you of the AIDS epidemic, at all?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Too late.

OT:
Remember AIDS? Remember when it was on the rise in Africa, because those people didn't know shit about not spreading it? Does Ebola remind you of the AIDS epidemic, at all?

Not really. There's no such thing as good ebola and bad ebola.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3xUjw2BCYE
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
we're all gonna die.

everybody eat each other.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
No unless you are a proper melt.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by stratkat
She's already won my heart.

oh ffs.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
No.

The hysteria about it over here is just people who know no better being mislead by the media.
Manchester United
No because the media's always talking about scary diseases like SARS or swine flu and I've never had any of that stuff.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
It's been on earth for quite some times and we've seen a few small crisis's and we're still alive for the most part, so I don't really think it'll do much.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
There are no outbreaks outside of Africa

Someone catching it after treating someone in isolation and immediately being put in isolation themselves isnt a ****ing 'outbreak'.

Typical media bullshit getting everyone worked up over nothing. Sure it's a big problem in Africa, but there's no need to make out like it'll get that bad in the west
Quote by Baby Joel
Ok here it is.

Shhhh. Don't tell the media! They're getting a lot of viewers thanks to fear mongering.
Look on the bright side. We will probably get a kick ass music festival out of it just like we did with AIDS and SARS.

Keep spreading the hype and maybe we will have a chance at seeing Led Zeppelin get together again.
Last edited by badfish_lewis at Oct 16, 2014,
It's not going to do much to us. As we have pretty good heathcare. But we really need to stop letting people into the country that's been to Africa or where ever it's coming from, and punish those that lie about being there. It seems like every other night I'll channel surf and see something on cnn or msnbc about another american catching it.
Last edited by Wormholes at Oct 16, 2014,
Quote by Wormholes
It seems like every other night I'll channel surf and see something on cnn or msnbc about another american catching it.

We're at what, two or three people that were actually infected here? One that came into the country already infected, and two or three that we intentionally brought here to be treated.

That's hardly every other night when this has been going on for months and months.
Quote by Baby Joel
Ok here it is.

/Thread
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by daytripper75
We're at what, two or three people that were actually infected here? One that came into the country already infected, and two or three that we intentionally brought here to be treated.

Two American nurses that treated the Dallas patient have tested positive. One of the nurses got on a plane after treating the patient. She got approval from the CDC before doing so, so pretty big blunder there. So we now have the Dallas patient, the three that were brought to Emory, and the two nurses.

The US is the first western country to have a case (now two cases) originate on local soil, not someone getting it in Africa and then coming back. So far, it's minor. Two cases of infection from treating one guy. If it stops there, it's alright. If that one nurse on the plane spread it to anyone else... That's a problem.
Page 1 of 2