It seems Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013 edition are now going for not so much money in music stores. Any opinions on these? How do they stack up against later revisions?

I'm considering adding a Les Paul style guitar to my home studio (won't gig with it) and I don't know much about Gibson type guitars, so since this model is now affordable I'm basically wondering: Are they ok?

These are the specs:
- mahogany body (modern weight relief)
- carved maple top
- mahogani neck
- 60th slim taper neck profile
- granadillo fretboard with thomann trapezoid inlays
- pickups: 1x Gibson 490R (neck) and 1x Gibson 498T (bridge)
- chrome hardware
- chrome Tune-o-Matic bridge,

Cheers!
Gibson is one of those company's that you need to try before you buy because the feel of the guitars are very different.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Of course. But I was more thinking about the difference between 2013 and newer (or earlier) revisions of the Les Paul Studio. Simply put: is the 2013 ok? Granadillo wood fretboard for example - I never heard of that wood...
Yes they are fine if you get a good one. Also I think it was 2011/12 and before had the 50's neck only
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Gibson is one of those company's that you need to try before you buy because the feel of the guitars are very different.

When it comes to Gibson, this is all that matters. Year, model, and everything else is irrelevant.

A couple of years ago I spent months shopping around with a £2k budget looking for an LP Standard or Custom that I liked - as well as trying pretty much every other guitar I could get my hands on.

I ended up spending £600 on a supposedly bottom of the range Faded Satin Studio LP that was by far the best guitar I found in any shop.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud