It's 'cause you gotta modulate as well, you can't just change the keys, and they know it, so they don't let you change key if you don't properly modulate.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Change is good, sometimes. But key change is essential.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
If you can't do it, then don't do it. Only the select few are able to change key in the middle of a song.
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson
My condolences.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Just so you know, this is the off topic section of the forum. Don't expect many serious replies here.

If you really want help then the Musician Talk subforum is good for theory questions, but you'll get better help if you explain in more detail what's giving you trouble.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
Just so you know, this is the off topic section of the forum. Don't expect many serious replies here.

If you really want help then the Musician Talk subforum is good for theory questions, but you'll get better help if you explain in more detail what's giving you trouble.

Good guy horsemen ruining the fun
Additionally, from the very little detail you've given us, it seems like you're trying to force a key change, which could be the problem.
Quote by mattgreen2205
Or add some cowbell in an attempt to cover up your poor composition skills
**** you man, cowbell is used to make awesome composition skills stand out even more
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by fgalante
I can't change the key on some songs

but you can change it on other songs? If you've changed a key once, you've changed a key a million times, just gotta punch it into hyper-stellar drive and get the D to the A
If you wana change key play the secondary dominant then the tritone substitution of the dominant and now you can pretty much go anywhere after that.