I'm looking at two models American American Standard Strat and the Gretsch 5620 be playing through a Vox night train some clean strummy type stuff and some heavier stuff but not full blown metal love both can't decide strat is 900 Gretsch is 850 price range the same let me know if you've played both and what you thought
A choice like that boils down to preference - they're so different, only you can decide which you prefer. Our opinions will be different to yours.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
How do you end up choosing between two completely different guitars?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
While it can be done, playing harder stuff with a semihollow like the Gretsch will be trickier than with the Strat.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by GaryBillington
A choice like that boils down to preference - they're so different, only you can decide which you prefer. Our opinions will be different to yours.

+1

Like I always say in these threads (though I haven't tried a gretsch ), I suspect the gretsch is more niche while the strat is more mainstream. If that affects anything.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was curios to see what others thought of the Gretsch 5620 I was blown away made for higher gain
Guitars like that are awesome to play. But like I said, they are more challenging to use for high-gain stuff. Look at Billy Duffy: the Gretsch White Falcon is practically his sig. But he knows how to deal with the feedback issues you can get using a guitar like that at high volumes.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Guitars like that are awesome to play. But like I said, they are more challenging to use for high-gain stuff. Look at Billy Duffy: the Gretsch White Falcon is practically his sig. But he knows how to deal with the feedback issues you can get using a guitar like that at high volumes.

No practically about it. It's literal:
http://www.gretschguitars.com/features/billy-duffy

Best Guitarist Ever.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud