Hope this is the right place to post this.

So I have a Fender MiM. I use these strap locks.

I was practicing today standing up and, well, the actual screw holding the strap button in snapped in half. Part of it's still in the guitar. Here's a pic.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Any advice on how to fix this at home? I'm a broke musician and I have a gig on Saturday, so taking in to have it worked on seems like a no-go.

I guess step one is getting the screw out but I have no idea how I would even go about doing that.
the screw heads on those are a bit smaller than any standard screw. But you can drill a hole next to the broken screw and put the strap-lock there. You will have to grind a little of the head down to make it fit. But it is 100% doable because I have done it on more than 1 occasion.

I used Stainless steel #6x1" pan head screws and lightly grind the head down until it fits .
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
the screw heads on those are a bit smaller than any standard screw. But you can drill a hole next to the broken screw and put the strap-lock there. You will have to grind a little of the head down to make it fit. But it is 100% doable because I have done it on more than 1 occasion.

I used Stainless steel #6x1" pan head screws and lightly grind the head down until it fits .

Hmmm. I think I have a screw that might actually fit without sanding. Thanks for the advice Time to bust out the cordless.

I guess I'll just have to deal with the cosmetic issue of having a hole in the guitar lol.
If you drill the hole right next to the broken screw, it is likely you will never see it. I would go just above the broken screw
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
If you drill the hole right next to the broken screw, it is likely you will never see it. I would go just above the broken screw

Ah ok. I see what you're saying. I'll go try it out and report back lol. Hopefully I won't screw this up royally (no pun intended)

EDIT: Done. Sanding the screw was a pain in the ass but the little piece of felt covers the old hole nicely. Looks perfect Thanks again. I'm happy again lol
Last edited by mjones1992 at Oct 16, 2014,
Quote by mjones1992
Ah ok. I see what you're saying. I'll go try it out and report back lol. Hopefully I won't screw this up royally (no pun intended)

EDIT: Done. Sanding the screw was a pain in the ass but the little piece of felt covers the old hole nicely. Looks perfect Thanks again. I'm happy again lol

Glad you got it sorted
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate