B Grade or B Stock is guitars that the manufacturer/dealer decided are not good enough for retail. They won't necessarily put them out on the floor but there is still a market for them as they are still perfectly playable, functional instruments. Usually the issue is a finish imperfection or a chip from shipping, maybe even just a floor model. It IS a new guitar, though.

You can see in the second and third picture of the listing there is that blemish on the arm carve, thus B-Stock.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
B-Stock guitars are usually guitars with minor defects or imperfections: fret buzz, slightly shoddy pick-ups, scratches/dents, that sort of thing. It should be grand to play, but you'll probably want to get it looked at before using it seriously.
Quote by TheStig1214
B Grade or B Stock is guitars that the manufacturer/dealer decided are not good enough for retail. They won't necessarily put them out on the floor but there is still a market for them as they are still perfectly playable, functional instruments. Usually the issue is a finish imperfection or a chip from shipping, maybe even just a floor model. It IS a new guitar, though.

I'm not gonna buy it now though (can't afford it atm) but i've seen that on ebay a few times
It became damaged in production or shipping but would have been a waste to destroy it. Often called blemished. Usually great value.

Display model, has minor mark - see images.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Some places also use this for reselling returned stock. I've had some real bargains through buying B stock from Thomann.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I've got one B stock from Rondo Music; an Agile AL-2000 Floyd (LP style guitar with a Floyd Rose). B stocks usually last just a few minutes at Rondo, and you'd better be ready to gobble them up. They're often returns, sometimes blems, and are usually offered at great prices. Mine was under $200, with HSC, delivered (less than half price). It had finish issues; if you look closely, there's a portion of the top of the guitar that looks like there's a bad bondo job under the black paint. The guitar's currently one of my pair of "bar guitars" and has long since earned back anything I've spent on it.
Got a B-stock from a luthier, once. It had a crease in the wood that he had not noticed before applying the finish. Knocked 1/3rd the price off the guitar.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
You can see the scratch on it in the 2nd and 3rd images.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
That is not anything that wouldn't happen if I owned the guitar after 1 year...with 3 boys running around
I bought an Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus earlier this year that was listed as "Condition 2" return for $459 from Musicians Friend. That's more than $200 less than the normal price. When it arrived I was very happy. I couldn't find a scratch on it, all the stickers were still in place on the pickguard and pups, it was mint as far as I could tell. It came with a nice hard shell case and plays and sounds great. I was expecting a few scratches or light dings and that would be OK because it was listed that way and as Ken says above it nothing that probably wouldn't be there after a year of gigs with it but to get it mint for $200.00 less that normal was a steal.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Oct 17, 2014,