What ever you do consider your use of this site and the subscriptions it offers. They aren't always what you think they are. Like most sites UG needs a way to be funded and that is fine not harm there after all the people that put it togther will work hard and need to make a living.

So you think this is great I will get a lifetime subscription so far so good and you then like the look of Tab Pro and think I will have some of that also and get signed up. You've been learning loads.

Then a change occurs and you can only practice with your iPad so you head over to the UG/Tab Pro site on your iPad and the first thing the site tells you is can get a native iPad app for "Free", eager to learn more you click the link the app store opens and you get the download going with the thought of a seamless guitar tab learning experience on your iPad.

Then the relaity of the UG con kicks in, your UG/Tab Pro lifetime subscriptions aren't actually any good on the iPad the site just told you to go and down load. No not at all you are expected to pay again for exactly thje same thing you have already paid.

It's outfits like this that slow the progress in everyday users uptake of online services, this is a con and they should be letting you access your Account online and your iPad (other devices exist) for a single subscription.

Safe to say I wish I had only paid for a few months and then found this out as I am unlikey to return this is a blantant abuse of the users of this site.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Ironically you've come to complain in the only community in the world that has no guitarists in it, and thank god for that.
What's a guitarist?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I think you actually need a new amp man.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
**** amps get a mac and start making sick wubz with FL studio.

Right in time when they announced a new mac mini.
Sick wubs can come out of that m8, you just need the L33t sk1llz.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I don't know man. The way I see it, you paid for a subscription to the website content, not the app content. Seems fair to me.

'Bundling' aside, imagine you got yourself some car insurance. Your car breaks down and you drive your wife's motorcycle to work. You tap a bumper. Would you be pissed off at the cop who gave you a ticket for driving a motorcycle uninsured? Would you say the insurance company conned you?

Don't get pissed at UG because you didn't know what the deal was. You could have easily read up on it. That pain in your butt right now? That was your fault.
Last edited by mjones1992 at Oct 17, 2014,
you had to pay for a UG subscription to realize it wasn't worth a cent?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by gmcoates
What ever you do consider your use of this site and the subscriptions it offers. They aren't always what you think they are. Like most sites UG needs a way to be funded and that is fine not harm there after all the people that put it togther will work hard and need to make a living.

So you think this is great I will get a lifetime subscription so far so good and you then like the look of Tab Pro and think I will have some of that also and get signed up. You've been learning loads.

Then a change occurs and you can only practice with your iPad so you head over to the UG/Tab Pro site on your iPad and the first thing the site tells you is can get a native iPad app for "Free", eager to learn more you click the link the app store opens and you get the download going with the thought of a seamless guitar tab learning experience on your iPad.

Then the relaity of the UG con kicks in, your UG/Tab Pro lifetime subscriptions aren't actually any good on the iPad the site just told you to go and down load. No not at all you are expected to pay again for exactly thje same thing you have already paid.

It's outfits like this that slow the progress in everyday users uptake of online services, this is a con and they should be letting you access your Account online and your iPad (other devices exist) for a single subscription.

Safe to say I wish I had only paid for a few months and then found this out as I am unlikey to return this is a blantant abuse of the users of this site.

I've got a UG subscription. It works absolutely fine on my Android. Are you sure you're doing it right? I suppose it's easier to believe that it's all a scam than to think you could just be overlooking something as simple as logging into your UG account on the app.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
All this and it's not even in the right forum.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Yes, UG is a scam and none of us play guitar. Did you really want to talk to guitar players over the internet?

If you pay for UG again, you can break through the Wall of Fire and become an Operating Thetan level III
Israel is a terrorist state.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
All this and it's not even in the right forum.

That's the unforgivable part ( ). From what I can tell, TS joined just to make this complaint thread and then didn't even bother to put it in site feedback,
No one puts these threads in Site Feedback because that's at the bottom of the list of the forums, and then it goes into a sub-forum inside of that.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Real musicians play by ear. Well really sheet music but guitarists are 2 dum 4 dat.

Real musicians do whatever the hell they want, dude
Quote by Baby Joel
No one puts these threads in Site Feedback because that's at the bottom of the list of the forums, and then it goes into a sub-forum inside of that.

Yeah...well, it sure doesn't belong here. And it's certainly not being addressed well here. The Pit mods aren't in charge of this kind of thing.
Quote by gmcoates

Last edited by jugglingfreak at Oct 17, 2014,
i got tab pro for free cuz i submitted a tab a long time ago

not that i use it lel
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Oct 17, 2014,
Quote by Burgery
i got tab pro for free cuz i submitted a tab a long time ago

me too.

mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I actually forgot that it wasn't free for everyone since I also submitted a tab a long time ago
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
The real con is using tabs to begin with

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I don't even know what a UG Subscription is, but I do know that tabpro is awful and you should feel bad for thinking it would be a good idea to use it.
wow ts great detective work blowing the lid off on all of this

do you think zappp knows about this

do you think he's in on it

are the mods in on it

?
I'm shocked by UG's charging. I've used UG for years and love it so I downloaded the Android version to my phone and paid for the full service. It was awesome. I then downloaded the same app to my iPad and logged in which is great but was shocked when I could access the form, view my favourites etc but when I tried to view the Tabs/Chords etc (which is why I purchased this) they said I had to pay??

Since then I contacted the helpdesk immediately and told them I was annoyed that they were trying to charge me twice only for them to RUDELY reply to my email stating:

----------------

Hi Jonathan,

Despite having almost identical functionality, Ultimate Guitar Tabs for iPa
d and Ultimate Guitar Tabs for Android are, nevertheless, two different app
s, developed separately for two completely different mobile platforms.

Therefore, it is technically impossible to transfer your purchases from one
platform to another.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Ultimate Guitar Team

------------------

I have since requested, which is well within my rights, to have access on the iPad as I am logging into the same account as I am here.

Has anyone else had this problem?? What a rip off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!