I've just installed Guitar Pro 6 on my new Windows 8.1 laptop, but it won't allow me to select any MIDI outputs, so there's no sound. And let's face it, GP without sound is a bit useless. Anyone who can help me out?

Last edited by EnslaveTheWorld at Oct 17, 2014,
Try to re-install your midi banks.

Also guitar pro's sounds are hardly the useful parts if ya ask me.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Don't use MIDI unless you have MIDI gear that requires it, which it doesn't sound like you do, just use the Windows soundcard driver.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Don't use MIDI unless you have MIDI gear that requires it, which it doesn't sound like you do, just use the Windows soundcard driver.

Alright, but how do I do that? I'm not especially tech savvy when it comes to these kind of things. I just want SOME sound. Doesn't matter if it's MIDI or not.
Quote by EnslaveTheWorld
Alright, but how do I do that? I'm not especially tech savvy when it comes to these kind of things. I just want SOME sound. Doesn't matter if it's MIDI or not.

It's set out in the instructions, or you can call/email their support folks, assuming you have a licensed copy.