So, i currently own a shitty Ibanez cab, and some dude is selling this speakers online. I have no idea if they are good or not, but they seem to be way cheaper than Vintage 30's, so maybe its a good bargain. I know very little about speakers anyway, so i hope someone can help. I pretty much play modern metal on the rig this would go into, so thats that.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
nothing comes up with a search so I would guess they are a cheap OEM speaker. Where do you live and what is your budget?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I live in europe and my budget is currently nothing. I just randomly noticed this for sale on a local guitar forum, so i thought i'd ask. Still, is there a cheaper alternative to Vintage30's? Otherwise ill just save up for the Harley Benton cab loaded with them.
Quote by gorkyporky
I live in europe and my budget is currently nothing. I just randomly noticed this for sale on a local guitar forum, so i thought i'd ask. Still, is there a cheaper alternative to Vintage30's? Otherwise ill just save up for the Harley Benton cab loaded with them.

Depending on where you are in Europe Eminence Legend series speakers are pretty nice. The Legend V12 is kinda a take on the V30, but I think they sound different. I have a 4x12 loaded with V12's and it sounds really good, tight, punchy and no icepick highs.

But I was going to suggest the HB can if not.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
eminence v12s are sort of, ish, like v30s and are a little cheaper. Problem is, you get such a good deal on the cab + v30s with the HB cab that, unless you already have an unloaded cabinet to put them in, the HB which is already loaded with the v30s will still be cheaper than buying an empty cab and putting v12s into them...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I beat you to it dave
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well id rip out the stock ibanez speakres (im not really sure whats in it) and replace them with whatever i would buy.
^ If it's a decent cabinet (made well, out of good materials (plywood is probably the industry standard)), then you might end up ahead a little if you go with the v12s.

looking at UK dealers, a pair of eminence v12s is ~£106 (and you might have to pay postage on that), or they're ~£55 each at Tube Town in Germany. Compared to the HB cab which is ~£155, so you would be saving a little. If your current cab is decent. And assuming you just want something which sounds good, and which is sort of, vaguely, in the ballpark of V30 tone, rather than absolutely nailing that V30 tone (in which case just bite the bullet and go for the HB cab, or try to find some V30 speakers on the used market).

Quote by Robbgnarly
I beat you to it dave

hahahahaha

I agree with you that they sound a bit different, too. A bit mellower.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 17, 2014,
Actually i just found out that the store that sells tubes also sells a shitload of speakers, and 4 Eminence V12's would cost me 260€ (60€ each), and with no shipping since they are like 30 minutes away, while a 4x12 HB cab is around 400+shipping from germany (im in Slovenia). I have no idea where this store came from, but holy shit, they have everything that you cant get in ordinary guitar shops!

EDIT: And yeah, i just want something that sounds good. I dont even know what vintage 30's sound like, so im not attached to that sound.
Last edited by gorkyporky at Oct 17, 2014,
V12's deff sound good, Soldano uses them as stock speakers, Krank used them stock.

What amp do you have?

FYI 60€x4 is 240€ not 260€
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
They are 66€ And i have a Jet City jca50.
The V12 goes great with the JCA since it is based on the Soldano HRA+ and Soldano uses V12's in his stock cabs.

and you said 60€ not 66€, so I'll let you slide this once.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Oh, then i better not say they are actually 66,93€...

Oh, and a question, are they loud? Today at practice i turned the amp up to full and it was barely loud enough...
Last edited by gorkyporky at Oct 17, 2014,
Quote by Robbgnarly
The V12 goes great with the JCA since it is based on the Soldano HRA+ and Soldano uses V12's in his stock cabs.

and you said 60€ not 66€, so I'll let you slide this once.

yeah v12s sound really good with a jet city. I like v30s with it too, but i prefer the v12s. i do play at pretty low volumes, though.

although they're specced as being over 100dB, I'd say they're a bit less loud than V30s. Eminence is a bit over-optimistic with its ratings, really. Don't get me wong- they're not quiet or anything like that, they're still perfectly acceptably loud. Just they're not crazy loud like V30s, despite their rating.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?