Harley Benton has a reputation for sucking and this does not have a lot of the real specs either. (zero fret etc.)
Quote by Jyrgen
Harley Benton has a reputation for sucking and this does not have a lot of the real specs either. (zero fret etc.)

sucking compared with 750Euro guitars ? or with same priced ones ?

I guess you never had one in your own hands ?
Last edited by paruwi at Oct 17, 2014,
I have yet to play a Harley Benton that didnt suck, but i guess the cheap strat models are around 80€, so no wonder they suck. Honestly, for the same money as the red special you are better of getting anything else that isnt a harley benton, like ibanez or a squier, unles you are a huge queen fan.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
^and actually, I've heard that cheap Ibanez's suck too. But Squiers and Yamahas are the best in that price range in my humble opinion.
Dunno, i had a 200€ ibanez and it was pretty decent. Maybe i was just lucky And i guess it depends of the model, the strat copies are pretty bad, but the GRG series is pretty cool.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by gorkyporky
Dunno, i had a 200€ ibanez and it was pretty decent. Maybe i was just lucky And i guess it depends of the model, the strat copies are pretty bad, but the GRG series is pretty cool.

It's mostly just hearsay, I have tried a GIO though and it kind of sucked. But Ibanez has it's own thing, and if someone needs the slim neck etc. I guess that the GRG series would fit them, at least for a start.
Quote by paruwi

Much guitar for the buck...

Yet to be determined.

Right now it's just a photo.
And a whole lot of random speculation.
Quote by dspellman
Yet to be determined.

Right now it's just a photo.
And a whole lot of random speculation.

Not just a photo for me...............
and not random speculations from me.....

Quote by paruwi
Not just a photo for me...............
and not random speculations from me.....

So...NGD?

that guitar is like falling in love with a stripper
Silmeria
Valkyrie
modded Squier Strats
Quote by billyTheShears
So...NGD?

+1 Dont keep us in suspense!

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I don't need to own this guitar to play it....

I have played other cheap 'Harley Benton' guitars

and I own another cheap Harley Benton

so my experience is not only based on hearsay and internet wisdom

and I know the backstory on this brand from an interview with the creator of the newer models of this brand

Quote by paruwi
I don't need to own this guitar to play it....

I have played other cheap 'Harley Benton' guitars

and I own another cheap Harley Benton

so my experience is not only based on hearsay and internet wisdom

and I know the backstory on this brand from an interview with the creator of the newer models of this brand

Quote by guitar/bass95
(...) I honestly think that they suck balls.

That's my experience with them, too.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman

I've played PRS SE models that sucked much....

Quote by paruwi
I've played PRS SE models that sucked much....

Somehow I doubt that, but it's possible.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Okay, so no one has actually touched, played or listened to this guitar.

We have no idea if the switching does anything like what Brian May's original did, no idea if the pickups are remotely close to what he had, no idea if the fretwork is worthwhile. What's the scale; same as the original?

We have one guy postulating that if one Harley Benton guitar that he played was okay, that all of them must be okay, and that same guy (sorry, Paruwi, I'll trust you with Epis, though) dropping a completely off-topic reference to PRS SE's (is that supposed to be Link's hot button?).

SO we're back to speculation, some modest interest, and a bit of face-slapping and hair-pulling <G>.
Last edited by dspellman at Oct 19, 2014,
Quote by dspellman
(...) and that same guy (sorry, Paruwi, I'll trust you with Epis, though) dropping a completely off-topic reference to PRS SE's (is that supposed to be Link's hot button?).

He probably thought it was, but he was wrong. He can even specifically say that all my gear sucks, for all I care. I still won't bite. My "hot button" is a bit different, if you remember what happened in that other thread...
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by dspellman
Okay, so no one has actually touched, played or listened to this guitar.

We have no idea if the switching does anything like what Brian May's original did, no idea if the pickups are remotely close to what he had, no idea if the fretwork is worthwhile. What's the scale; same as the original?

We have one guy postulating that if one Harley Benton guitar that he played was okay, that all of them must be okay, and that same guy (sorry, Paruwi, I'll trust you with Epis, though) dropping a completely off-topic reference to PRS SE's (is that supposed to be Link's hot button?).

SO we're back to speculation, some modest interest, and a bit of face-slapping and hair-pulling <G>.

I have never said all Harley Bentons are good guitars, the ones I've played had been fine, that includes the one I own and some others....

I never said Linkermans PRS SE sucks....
I said the PRS SE models I had played sucked much (polepieces on the pups did not match the strings by 3-4 mm)

If you had clicked the link in my post above you'd know some of the specs....

So continue with YOUR speculations.....

and continue to expect the same or better features from a 250 Euro guitar compared to the 750 Euro BrianMay model....

Quote by guitar/bass95
I've played them too, my friend owns one. And I honestly think that they suck balls.

rating a whole brand by this experience dosn't suck ?

Quote by paruwi
I never said Linkermans PRS SE sucks....

That's true, but no one even claimed that you said that.

Quote by paruwi
I said the PRS SE models I had played sucked much (polepieces on the pups did not match the strings by 3-4 mm)

Weird. Of the dozens of PRS SE's that have been through my hands, not one had that issue.
Again, weird, but I won't say it's impossible.

Quote by paruwi
If you had clicked the link in my post above you'd know some of the specs....

So continue with YOUR speculations.....

and continue to expect the same or better features from a 250 Euro guitar compared to the 750 Euro BrianMay model....

Also, I don't think anyone is expecting the same or better features on the HB as the ones on Brian May's guitar.

Personally, I'm just sceptic that a company whose products I've tried so far were mediocre at best could create a Brian May-style guitar that would be actually worth the price tag. Be it 100€, 250€, or 500€.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Jyrgen

Quote by guitar/bass95
I've played them too, my friend owns one. And I honestly think that they suck balls.

Quote by Linkerman

this experience is based on one or two guitars you had played
or even three ?

Last edited by paruwi at Oct 19, 2014,
Quote by paruwi
this experience is based on one or two guitars you had played
or even three ?

About 20 to 30 guitars so far. They are very popular among beginners at a local music school. The school buys them from Thomann and has always a few available to sell to the students should they require a cheap electric to start with right away.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
I for one don't have any proper experience with HB, just played a few guitars, but I doubt that they are any better than other guitars in that price range. If you ask me, talking about <200$ guitars as if there would be huge gaps in the quality between manufacturers is pointless. The benton probably sucks, not because it's a Harley Benton but because it's so cheap.