#1
Alright, so I promise I wont forget about this thread until it's done. I picked up this 1995 Fender Stratocaster MIM Squier series ugly red guitar with a brushed bronze pickguard and bird stickers all over it. Has a wonderful neck on it, and locking tuners, so I figured, $100, why not, good modding platform. And 4 months later, I've finally gotten around to it, money reasons mainly. I've pulled all the crap off of it, and I've got just the body and neck and tuners, everything else is gonna be new.

I got a Wilkison bridge in a trade with my neighbor before I moved, gave him a SD SH11 custom custom, and a Pearly Gates out of my tele, and he gave me the bridge. My plans for this guitar? A metal machine wanking guitar...although I can't wank.

Parts:
3 ply white pickguard, HSS
1 meg CTS volume pot
2 250k CTS tone pots
3 chrome and green abalion inlay knobs
Fender 5 way switch
Chrome switch knob
.022uf cap
Wilkison bridge and bridge pins

Now the pickups are gonna make this guitar...I'll let you guess.................................................................................................................................Bareknuckles.

Bridge is gonna be a BKP Painkiller, brushed nicked with black slug screws and custom Bareknuckle etching. The middle and neck are gonna be Bareknuckle "Sinner" single coil pickups with white covers. Those are gonna take about another month to come in, so I'll post pics and clips whenever they come.

Time for some pics, this is where it started and what I have so far.





Current status of pickguard


Wilkison bridge


#2
Here's the finished pictures of the important part. Took 3 months for the bridge pickup to come in, drove me nuts. But looks slick in this guitar. I'll post some sound clips in the near future, but I still gotta work on the kinks in the pickup height and innotation and setting the trem up to float for drop B.





Last edited by ethan_hanus at Jan 2, 2015,
#5
So after some wood working and fixing some issues with the body that pissed me of(such as the humbucker route not lining up with the pickguard, got an update.

Still no pickups, but all the hardware is in and basic wiring is mocked onto the guitar to give ya'll an idea of the final product.