Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this forum ,so I'll try to explain the best I can.

I'm looking for an Ibanez RG type of guitar that doesn't have a floyd rose type of bridge on it. So when I looked up the GRG140SB, I thought it looks pretty legit from the guitar's specs. The Ibanez website will list that the Sunburst guitar has a mahogany body with a strat type of tremolo.

The Gio series is supposed to be the company's most cheapest guitars to be made from China and Indonesia. I personally think that the GRG140 is more appealing to me.

When I go on the original ebay website, most sellers will sell this guitar from the countries of United Kingdom, Germany, or Italy. I get confused rather if I should get the guitar from the best rated sellers, or get the cheapest deal, or even which country to get this guitar from?

I know this doesn't seem important to read since this is my first thread posted, but I really wanted to get these questions out there.

Thanks.
Last edited by tomhbr81 at Oct 18, 2014,
i haven't really tried the gios but they get the rep of being the cheapest ibanezes. i'd try to get up to the rg421 if you can at all.

regarding country, it depends- if you're an experienced player who can do your own setups, and are willing to take on a bit of risk, by all means by it from abroad (but remember postage will be more expensive, and depending on what country you're from, customs and sales taxes can massively increase the overall price, so don't just assume that the price you see is the final price you'll end up paying).

if you're a newer player i'd try to buy it from as close to home as possible, in case something goes wrong and you can't fix it yourself.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
+1 to what Dave said, if you can stretch your budget get the RG421
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I live in the United States, and definitely agree with the RG421. I played and set up the guitar before at my local music store. I just didn't knew that the Gio sunburst model existed after I played the RG421.

I can see that the GRG140 has extra opponents compared to the other RG's, because it's similar to the Fender Stratocaster, but with 24 frets. Plus the HSS configuration will mean that the guitar will have a 5 way selector. For the trem, I can tell that the saddles don't have screws in them, that is my only concern.

Speaking of outside of the USA shipping, the $ will go to the website that posted the item, not to the sellers in other countries. I'm also a big saver above the prices of both of these guitars, so that's why this is an unknown choice for me to decide at first.
Well if you live in the USA get a used Ibanez here you go a used MIJ RG400. Way higher quality than you are looking at and it is only $359
www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-IBANEZ-RG400-SERIES-BLUE-WC-MADE-IN-JAPAN-109507460-i3440129.gc
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Seems legit, I personally don't like single coil pickups. But for the $ this seems like an awesome guitar. You always get what you pay for, and imho i think this is just barely a notch above a squier strat. If your just looking for some clean sounds it will be awesome, but good luck with any sort of gain. It will have some good twang, but god awful feedback with distortion.
Thanks bro. It just really depends on the middle frequencies on a tube amp. I use a Fender Mustang 1 for my main amplifier. However, I use recording software on my mac book pro way more often, because I can hear and manage further depth of EQ coming out of the interface than a regular amplifier.

As far as gain, all that any type of pickup will do is "pickup" the sound, the interface will pickup the string vibrations as well. For example, I some watched some youtube videos of the GRG140SB being played. The sound quality from those videos are really high, so that helped me get the idea of what the pickups from that guitar sounds like. I still don't get the idea of what the guitar exactly sounds like because the guitar is only sold in the UK, but hey, youtube still works.

I believe that Ibanez makes very versatile guitars. Even if the electronics are low end, they still work no matter what I use in my studio.
Last edited by tomhbr81 at Oct 21, 2014,