Hullo guys!

I am thinking of ordering these Fender locking tuners:

http://www.amazon.com/Fender-099-0818-100-Locking-Tuners-Chrome/dp/B000L6GD04/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413625347&sr=8-1&keywords=fender+locking+tuners

for this guitar of mine:

http://www.fender.com/guitars/stratocaster/modern-player-stratocaster-hss-rosewood-fingerboard-olympic-white/

I am assuming the new tuning heads will fit on my guitar headstock well. Am I correct?

Also, I never replaced tuning heads by myself and with these, I plan to. Is it fairly easy/manageable for the average person or does it take an expert to be able to switch these properly?

Thanks!
At Amazons Q&A, it is said that they don't fit if your guitar has vintage tuners, and your guitar has vintage tuners. So they might not fit.
There are many different dimensions on tuners, so the only way to make sure is to measure. My guess would be that they won't fit.

From what I have read on the internet, don't expect any Fender-parts to fit the Modern Player Series. They are backed by Fender, and they have the Fender-logo, but they are not made in a Fender-factory and the neck and bodies at least are not interchangeable with other Fender guitars.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR
There are many different dimensions on tuners, so the only way to make sure is to measure. My guess would be that they won't fit.

From what I have read on the internet, don't expect any Fender-parts to fit the Modern Player Series. They are backed by Fender, and they have the Fender-logo, but they are not made in a Fender-factory and the neck and bodies at least are not interchangeable with other Fender guitars.

Fender and Squier Strat bodies and necks are interchangeable, same with Fender and Squier Tele neck and bodies. Fender and Squier Strat necks will work on Fender and Squier Tele bodies, but not the other way around, because:

Quote by Ippon
Fender and Squier Strat bodies and necks are interchangeable, same with Fender and Squier Tele neck and bodies. Fender and Squier Strat necks will work on Fender and Squier Tele bodies, but not the other way around, because:

Yes and No. It has been true for every Fender since the beginning of time, and that is why it is important to note - the Modern Player series has different size neck pockets and necks. I haven't actually looked at one of the necks and pockets, but there's many threads about how standard Fender-necks and bodies won't fit together with Modern Player parts.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Oct 18, 2014,
Quote by HomerSGR
Yes and No. It has been true for every Fender since the beginning of time, and that is why it is important to note - the Modern Player series has different size neck pockets and necks. I haven't actually looked at one of the necks and pockets, but there's many threads about how standard Fender-necks and bodies won't fit together with Modern Player parts.

Ahh. Haven't gotten into the Modern Player parts. Gracias!