Hi. My landlord let me borrow his guitar until I can get my own better sounding one than the 30 dollar one I purchased.

It has an area for me to plug in a quarter-inch adapter hole thingy for headphones. It also has a cylinder and a wire inside the soundhole.

The only problem is it doesn't have the mixer all those other ones have. Is this still an acoustic electric? If so, how do I turn it on without a mixer? Thanks a bunch.
Might need to be plugged into an amp, not headphones. Pics?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I'll have to wait for pics until tomorrow. My camera is pretty crappy unless it's a bright day out.
That 1/4" jack is almost certainly not a headphone jack. It's most likely made to plug into an amp. What's the brand and/or model of the guitar?
Yeah, it's more than likely an acoustic/electric. You're supposed to use that 1/4 jack to go to an amp.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I took it to my girlfriends house to try it in her amplifier because she has an all electric guitar. The pickup I think is dead because it didn't play on the amp. My new guitar however is brand new, cost $300 and is most definitely an electro-acoustic. It even has the mixer on the side. I plugged this one into her amp and it played nicely. I was too close to the amp though because I was getting that deep hard "wooooo" sound, I think it's called interference...? (Or is it feedback?) So, I backed up from the amp and it went away. I played the guitar and it was just beautiful.
Last edited by ianhulett at Nov 16, 2014,
Did the first guitar need a battery? Might have been an active pickup.

But congrats with the new one, yeah you'll get feedback if you're too close.