Hey
I wanna know wich one you think is better, Esp ltd M-1000FM or MH-1000NT
I own Engl powerball 1 and I play thrash/metalcore/dead.
And i dont know which one will do better for me ?
Soo any suggestions ?
Tnx
Last edited by bboyjure at Oct 19, 2014,
Just my 2 cents- they will probably sound pretty similar to each other, unless one them has the seymour duncan passives in it and the other doesnt. The passives will change the responsiveness and feel of your clean/distortion verses the emgs. Many metalcore bands use emgs, but you should still try to get your hands on an active and passive guitar to try through the powerball because theres definitely a difference (ive compared emgs 85/81 versus dimarzio 7-Pafs through powerball).

And you should also decide whether you need/want the floyd rose. They can be a pain in the ass to work with, but if youre willing to put in the effort and want the dynamics it has to offer then go for it.

I have a Powerball also and really dig it. If it were me, I would probably get the Esp Ltd M-1000 because I really like the reverse headstock; but i would try to get it with passives, or replace the actives w passives. Not because I dont like emgs, but because I already have an esp ltd mh 401 with emgs that sounds great.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

They are very similar, but I like the MH because of the carved top. I'm not too big on flat top guitars unless it is an SG or Tele
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Watterboy
Just my 2 cents- they will probably sound pretty similar to each other, unless one them has the seymour duncan passives in it and the other doesnt. The passives will change the responsiveness and feel of your clean/distortion verses the emgs. Many metalcore bands use emgs, but you should still try to get your hands on an active and passive guitar to try through the powerball because theres definitely a difference (ive compared emgs 85/81 versus dimarzio 7-Pafs through powerball).

And you should also decide whether you need/want the floyd rose. They can be a pain in the ass to work with, but if youre willing to put in the effort and want the dynamics it has to offer then go for it.

I have a Powerball also and really dig it. If it were me, I would probably get the Esp Ltd M-1000 because I really like the reverse headstock; but i would try to get it with passives, or replace the actives w passives. Not because I dont like emgs, but because I already have an esp ltd mh 401 with emgs that sounds great.

Tnx alot
Yea Mh-1000nt is with seymour duncan and without Floyd and other one with EMG and with floyd.
They're such similar guitars and I am sure they will both play well. I feel like the only thing you should be worrying about is the bridge first of all, and second of all the pickups. A decision which you should make yourself.
Quote by Robbgnarly
They are very similar, but I like the MH because of the carved top. I'm not too big on flat top guitars unless it is an SG or Tele

Very valid point- if you are describing what I am thinking of/recalling, last time I felt a flat top guitar it felt kind of cheap. Thats something you should definitely check out for yourself too.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

The necks are different. The Thin U on the MH is pretty uniformly round, kind of like a thin Gibson 50's profile. The Xtra Thin U on the M is relatively flat, like a thicker Ibanez Wizard II. I can't get along with necks with flat backs like those, so you might want to figure out what works or doesn't work for you.

Everything else has been mentioned about the differences. The flat top vs carved top does make a big difference in feel. And the Floyd Rose vs TOM is a huge difference as well. Not something to really just decide on a whim, IMO.

Do you know if you're going to want to change tunings besides dropping your lowest string down a step or not? If so, don't get a Floyd Rose.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
As others have said, if they have the same pickups they're going to sound pretty similar. Personally I prefer the MH though since I like fixed bridges and carved tops. I love my MH(w/Duncan Custom in the bridge).
Quote by Offworld92
The necks are different. The Thin U on the MH is pretty uniformly round, kind of like a thin Gibson 50's profile. The Xtra Thin U on the M is relatively flat, like a thicker Ibanez Wizard II. I can't get along with necks with flat backs like those, so you might want to figure out what works or doesn't work for you.

Everything else has been mentioned about the differences. The flat top vs carved top does make a big difference in feel. And the Floyd Rose vs TOM is a huge difference as well. Not something to really just decide on a whim, IMO.

Do you know if you're going to want to change tunings besides dropping your lowest string down a step or not? If so, don't get a Floyd Rose.

huge 3.1415. for me the deciding factor would go down to whether you like a floyd or not and how good the floyd is.

as far as carved top and flat top do what you like the feel of. i wouldn't say they feel cheap. i have bought flat tops from $200 to $2000 (both new prices) its up to you but i wouldn't consider it a 'cheap' thing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Flat vs carved is definitely a design and comfort choice.

I find myself preferring carved on 6 strings and flat on 7 strings. Don't really know why.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Flat vs carved is definitely a design and comfort choice.

I find myself preferring carved on 6 strings and flat on 7 strings. Don't really know why.

i know that, but IMO floyd vs TOM is a bigger issue IMO.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I was just agreeing with you, haha. Saying I agree one isn't inferior to another, just design/choice.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Well all I can say is that I did not notice that the two had different necks in my earlier comment. that is a very important factor (if not the most important). Choose if you want a fixed or a floating bridge. Then try necks out from there.

There comes a point in purchasing a guitar where you kind of need to hold one and decide if it sits well with you. The hardware is important also.