Basically, me and my dad have been playing together for a few years now, and he wants to get a new amp after seeing what I spent my student loan on :P (peavey vypyr 30 with sanpera pedal). Our budget is about £300 and the majority of stuff we play is oasis, with some green day and bands like that thrown in too. Any ideas about what to look at?
Jet City 22H and a small Harley Benton 1X12 with a V30 in it. 2X12 if budget can stretch.

All from Thomman.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_jca22h_guitar_head.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g112vintage.htm

Personally I'm a big fan of the Jet City stuff, was about to recommend the 50W version but then I saw Oasis and thought the EL84's might be better than 6L6's. I'd probably bump it up to the 50 if I was gigging though.

You could get a Marshall DSL combo for 300, but the 40C's are the only ones I'd look at and I haven't seen many of them on the UK musicians marts at all.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Oct 19, 2014,
+3,1415 to the Jet City suggestion.
EDIT: Damn, I still mess up the Jet City models. Since the one mentioned above is the one without a proper clean channel, it definitely isn't a good option.

Also, since you're in the UK you can probably find nice deals on used Laney amps.
Look for a VC30-212, for example. It's great for Oasis' kind of music, and with an overdrive or distortion pedal it'll nail higher gain tones as well.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Oct 19, 2014,
As much as I suggest the Jet City I would not get it for Oasis and Green Day type music.

A Laney VC15 would work very well for those types of music.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
As much as I suggest the Jet City I would not get it for Oasis and Green Day type music.

I second this.

The "normal" (the normal channel can get pretty crunchy and high gain fast) channel does not stay clean easily, and the "overdrive" (this is more of a saturated high gain channel) channel does not stay clean at all.
If you were to buy a jet city you could look into the 5212RC 50 watt combo which has a dedicated clean channel and an overdrive channel.
If you play Oasis and Green Day type of music...consider going for a Vox or even a Marshall.
Yeah, sorry guys. I made an Error. Was meaning to suggest the 20H, but then looked at it and realized it was a single channel amp. Jet City model names are confusing!

+1 on a Vox though.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
(...) then looked at it and realized it was a single channel amp.

Then you just made another error, because it isn't a single channel amp. It's a dual channel amp.

There were two kinds of Jet City amps mentioned ITT: one with crunch and overdrive channels, and one with clean and crunch channels.
I always mix up the model names too, but they're both dual channel amps.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Oct 19, 2014,
+1 on the laney vc30
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Linkerman
Then you just made another error, because it isn't a single channel amp. It's a dual channel amp.

There were two kinds of Jet City amps mentioned ITT: one with crunch and overdrive channels, and one with clean and crunch channels.
I always mix up the model names too, but they're both dual channel amps.

Sorry, looks like I was getting confused with the EQing on the front.

+1 on the small Laney suggestion though, they sound great. I recorded an indie band using a VC15,

https://soundcloud.com/andy-scarlett/wildflowers-elephants

Great sounding amp. Awesome clean channel.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100