I am thinking of putting a Bigsby Bridge on my PRS SE 245 as i have one another guitar and really like it, plus the tuning stability on the PRS isn't the greatest so figured it may help the problem. I was looking for pros and cons or anything i need to consider before doing it please guys.
thanks
INDIE SEMI HOLLOW DOUBLE CUT CUSTOM FOR SALE!!

IBANEZ S470 WITH MIRICLE MAN ADY SD JB PICK-UPS FOR SALE!!

PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 COMBO FOR SALE!!!

PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!
Quote by mr frusciante
(...) the tuning stability on the PRS isn't the greatest so figured it may help the problem.

I don't think so.

How quick does the guitar go out of tune?
How new/old are the strings?
Do you string the guitar properly, stretching the strings and locking them in themselves?

Also, when it goes out of tune, did you change places with the guitar?
Temperature and/or humidity variations will mess up the tuning. For example, I always have to retune my guitars when I get to the studio because the air conditioning in there is always on and at a cold setting, so it's always colder and more dry than other places.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I have to retune the guitar pretty much after every song, I have changed gauges to see if it helps, changed tunings, its mainly the Gstring, infact the rest are not to bad but the G and maybe B have no stability at all. Any input on the bigsby situation? how easy or hard would it be to fit one?
INDIE SEMI HOLLOW DOUBLE CUT CUSTOM FOR SALE!!

IBANEZ S470 WITH MIRICLE MAN ADY SD JB PICK-UPS FOR SALE!!

PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 COMBO FOR SALE!!!

PM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!
I don't think it would be too hard to put a Bigsby in it (just pull the stud wells, plug the holes, re-drill for the new bridge and install the Bigsby), but you should fix the tuning stability issues BEFORE putting the Bigsby in.

AFAIK the Bigsby won't help with the tuning stability issues because they probably don't lie on the stoptail bridge. The problem will remain with the Bigsby.

The PRS stock tuners are good, so maybe you got really unlucky and have a couple of faulty ones on your guitar -- in that case, replacing the tuners should be a priority.

But still, you haven't answered my questions.
The tuners may be perfectly fine and you're simply not restringing the guitar correctly (by not stretching the strings and not locking them like in the diagram I posted before), or it's a different issue that's fixable without spending any money at all.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Oct 19, 2014,
Nut nut nut. Check the nut. Get it cut properly and get some graphite in there. Most of the time the tuning issue is the nut. Don't change any hardware thinking it will fix your tuning until you have the nut dialed in.

Bigsby isn't going to solve any tuning issues.